Default $100 Budget Umbrella Stroller

DH's coworker is looking for a car stroller to compliment her BOB, and he refered her to me for some suggestions. She's only asking what we've all wanted in a light weigh stroller, but seems to be hard to find.

Light weight, compact umbrella stroller

· For 6 mths old +

· Cup holder for mom J

· Basket underneath for diaper bag

· And other features you think are important

· Low cost, somewhere around $100.

I was going to suggest the combi cosmo or to try and snag a BJ Micro, but I can't seem to find the later for $99. My next suggestions was going to be the Si, G-luxe, Snap, or cybex onyx, but those are all over budget, and some don't have a large basket.

Any other suggestions that I'm missing?

Are the g-luxe's or onyx's tippy with a diaper bag on the handles? I was going to suggest that as opposed to using the basket.
    Last edited by sweetsoul99; 01-30-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My G-luxe is the perfect compliment to my BOB. I don't carry a diaper bag so I'm not a big help there. I do have hooks on the handles where I hang a Target basket and it has never tipped on me.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The G-luxe is tippy. Otherwise a great choice, though. The Onyx is heavier and less tippy--you can hang a medium-sized bag on the handles and it won't tip. Both a bit pricey, though.

Does she have a good Craigslist? Or willing to go Ebay? There are some used Maclarens on eBay that won't go over $100.

Or, I haven't used it, but what about a Quinny Senzz? They are on sale on Albee for $149. May be a little heavier and wider than she is looking for, but ticks most of the other boxes except the cupholder. Not umbrella, but a small fold. SQ reviewed it--very full featured for $149 (original price over $400).

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot...zz-review.html

ETA: I've only seen 1 Senzz in person and it definitely looks nicer IRL than in pictures.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

The cybex Ruby on woot

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Someone on StollerSwap is selling an Onyx for around $150 which is still over budget but it's not too bad.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Aprica Presto Flat is $99. Flat recline, adjustable footrest, takes a graco car seat, standing fold. Haven't seen or used it myself but it gets 4 stars on amazon.
    http://www.albeebaby.com/aprica-pres...miere-red.html

No cupholder but she can just buy a parent console like this: http://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Stre.../dp/B005C9ODIO
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Britax blink could be another option. It checked all of the boxes except cup holders.

http://m.albeebaby.com/britax-blink-...rn-flower.html

I think the Blink is a good suggestion in that budget. It's not my favorite umbrella, but it is less tippy than other umbrella options so you have a better chance of being able to hang a diaper bag on the handles successfully.