Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Primo Eurotub!!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

so does the primo go inside a sink, or the regular bath tub?

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a Fisher Price tub from a friend and I wouldn't buy it myself. The sling didn't work well for the newborn stage because baby was either too high up and had too much skin out of water, brrr, or too low and the little butt ridge rested against his lower back. The lip also makes it huge for storage. It gets the job done but I'd consider something else first.

For those that shower with baby, how do you sequence it? Do you even try to soap yourself up? How do you keep soap out of baby's eyes? How do you dry off yourself and baby quickly? I can see how it would be easy with two adults to just hand baby to the other parent to get dried and dressed but I haven't figured out a quick way to do it solo. Thanks!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post

For those that shower with baby, how do you sequence it? Do you even try to soap yourself up? How do you keep soap out of baby's eyes? How do you dry off yourself and baby quickly? I can see how it would be easy with two adults to just hand baby to the other parent to get dried and dressed but I haven't figured out a quick way to do it solo. Thanks!
    I've done it both by myself and with DH. With DH it is easier but even by myself I think it is quicker than a bath would be. Alone I've showered myself first while baby waited on my bed for me to get him. I've also just showered him and not washed my hair but done everything else while holding him. I have a ring sling for the water that I keep meaning to use in the shower.

Keeping the soap out of his eyes hasn't been a problem. I wash his back side first, turn him away from me and wash his front side, then turn him back to me and put the soap on his head and lean his head back into the water to rinse it off. He loves the shower. He can be totally upset and we get him into the shower and he immediately calms down and starts cooing. I usually use my hand to push the water back away from his face and over his head to keep soap from his eyes too. When I showerwith the kids alone I make sure to wrap them in towels first and then get my own towel, but I am planning to bring my robe in there next time because I realized it would help me get warmer and them dried more quickly than me fussing with my towel.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2