Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Just draw the damn smiley face

This one Costco receipt checker never ever draws the smiley face on our receipt. Every single other one does. I just feel badly for dd who proudly hands her the receipt with her face lit up only to be totally let down when she draws that one highlighted line through the front of our receipt and hands it back to Dd2.

She's only 5 lady...just draw the damn smiley face. The kicker is when I see her checking receipts I tell dd that she probably won't draw a smiley face. Dd says, "we'll give it a try mama.". Oh my heart.
    It really is the little things, you know?
    Last edited by infomama; 02-05-2013 at 05:34 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Last week when I took DD2 to Costco we had one of those as well, a simple line through the receipt Thankfully DD2 is not quite 3, but I know for sure DD1 would've said something. What a stick in the mud IMHO.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I once had a lady at Sam's club tell me it was against company policy to draw a smiley!!!!! Really lady because I think it's just YOU!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

http://www.lobshots.com/2011/12/21/t...t-smiley-face/
    Above says its a "global policy" to draw art for the kids. Probably an unofficial policy buy maybe I should hand her this article next time I'm there.....with a sad face drawn at the bottom.
    Last edited by infomama; 02-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That sucks. We don't have a costco here, just a sam's club and they are always nice enough to draw the kids a smiley face if they are the ones who hand over the receipt.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What a scrooge. Some of our Costco people draw pretty elaborate pictures on the receipt whenever DD2 hands them the receipt. It's her job (DD2) and she takes it pretty seriously.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Same thing happened to us a few years ago. The usual guy always drew a smiley that DS2 swore looked just like him. We go one day and the new person makes a checkmark. DS2 grabs the receipt, looks at the woman with a puzzled face, and says, "This doesn't look anything like me."
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am amazed how seriously my kids take those drawings. DS likes both his smiley face and the "snake" on the other side (which is just a line).
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I am amazed how seriously my kids take those drawings. DS likes both his smiley face and the "snake" on the other side (which is just a line).
    I'm glad to hear we aren't the only family that says the straight line is a snake. DD used to buy that if they didn't draw a smile. Two times ago she threw.a fit in the parking lot because she wanted a butterfly. I guess our happy with a snake days are numbered.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow we've been Costco members for over a year and been to at least 4 locations and 99% of the time DS1 hands them the receipt and no one has ever drawn anything fancier than a slash through the receipt. You all have much friendlier Costco's!!
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast