Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    Same thing happened to us a few years ago. The usual guy always drew a smiley that DS2 swore looked just like him. We go one day and the new person makes a checkmark. DS2 grabs the receipt, looks at the woman with a puzzled face, and says, "This doesn't look anything like me."
    That's too cute!

Our people usually draw a face, but not always. My DC are busier fighting over who gets to HOLD the receipt than worrying about what the drawing looks like. They do like to get a smiley face, though.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

We are loyal Costco shoppers here and have a crew of 2-3 ladies that know me, my kids and DH in any combination on sight.

They regularly draw smiley faces or hearts for us. At just over 2 DD started asking for "heart on back" as she gave the receipt at the door. If it is not one of our regulars I will tell them that she wants a heart on the back of the receipt unless it is really busy. Even at VBS last year she had a nametag on a string that they decorated with stickers. She did up one side except a single heart sticker she put in the back of her nametag.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm really sorry for your Dd, because I have a son who takes those kinds of things to heart too.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

My kids live for those Costco smiley faces. Our favorite Costco worker (who knows my kids by name) will even draw two smiley faces, since I come with two kids. Some workers have more elaborate smiley faces (balloon smiley faces.). I think it's a great practice.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, if I'd known Costco stores do smileys and other artwork, I would have joined it in a heartbeat back when the kids were little instead of sticking with BJs. My kids would have loved it. Too late as they're too old for this now, although now we're Costco regulars.

Kind of reminds me of Trader Joe's ~ I finally started shopping there, the kids loved the balloons at checkout, and immediately the chain did away with the balloons. Waahh!
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had no idea! we sometimes get a smiley face and I never thought it was a "costco thing". need to pay more attention since not all of them do it.

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS2 takes it seriously also. He took it upon himself to ask. He hands over the receipt and says, "Can I please have a happy face?" So cute. Would she draw it then?
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    Same thing happened to us a few years ago. The usual guy always drew a smiley that DS2 swore looked just like him. We go one day and the new person makes a checkmark. DS2 grabs the receipt, looks at the woman with a puzzled face, and says, "This doesn't look anything like me."
    aw, i love it!!

the Costco here usually does the smiley face thing (probably about 80% of the time). though my kids never notice, probably bc i don't usually let them see the paper. i don't trust DD at ALL with paper

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh, that is SO sad (though you did have me LOL at this "issue"). Our girls would be totally sad if they didn't get their smiley faces drawn!!

The ladies at our Costco always draw 2 smiley faces, even when it's super busy

DH just told me that Costco stores have the exit staff recreate their best drawings which are sent in annually for publication in the employee magazine. Apparently it is some kind of competition (he's unclear about details). So Costco corporate definitely encourages creativity on receipts. OP, I would definitely have your DD ask for a drawing.
    E, Mama to "BabyDoll" 4/2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast