Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Rude! I always thought they were required to draw the smiley face. Some of them get really creative.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Aw, that's sad! DD loves the smiley face too, and I agree with PP that it's a great practice...ensures that Mom/Dad and kids leave Costco with a smile on their faces and a good feeling in their hearts (especially after what was likely a but if a stressful trip!)

When DD was younger and first started to understand and appreciate the smiley face, I remember that she was devastated when I asked her to give me the receipt so I could save it. DD insisted that it was hers since the lady drew her a smiley face! It took a few Costco trips for her to get it...and IIRC I ended up making a rule that she got to hold it until all the stuff was loaded into the car and then she had to give it to me. LOL. Now DD just checks out the picture and then hands me the receipt to put away.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been a Costco member since before DS1 was born. I never thought to let DC hand over the receipt and I've never seen anything other than a straight line.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3