View Poll Results: Does the duvet cover opening go at the top or bottom of the bed?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top of the bed by your head

10 8.47%
  • Bottom of the bed

99 83.90%
  • It depends on the duvet

8 6.78%
  • I love roasted veggies!

1 0.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was actually wondering this recently! Ours are at the top. The buttons are kind of on the inside of the duvet, so they don't hit my face.

Maybe I should switch it, but the buttons hanging off the bottom for all to see (not really sure who that is, though ) might bug me.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been using duvets for 20 yrs and nobody told me how to do it, but I've always put the buttons/opening at the foot of the bed. I guess I never thought about putting the opening at the top before. The point of the cover is to try to keep stuff out of the comforter, I would imagine that if the opening is toward the top, it would be easier due to handling, sneezing, etc. for stuff to get through to the comforter inside of the duvet, which defeats the purpose of the duvet to me.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't have buttons, tags, or zippers near my face.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thank you for asking this! I have always thought (and still think) it goes on the bottom...who wants buttons in my face. My duvet has a design on it that seems to confirm this.

My Mom INSISTS it igoes on the top of the bed and switches it around in our guest room when she stays over. I explain to her my reasoning and she showed me the piping around the duvet which she said should be at the bottom...not ugly buttons (with no piping). Hmmm, made me think..
    Last edited by janine; 02-13-2013 at 10:08 AM.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We usually have ours on the bottom. However, when one side gets smooshed then we flip it around to even it out. So it depends
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

This is such a funny post. I must be a weirdo as well as we have always had our at the top. I was always told that you don't sleep under the whole duvet your bed should have layers. So you fold your top back anyway and sleep under your sheet or light blanket under the duvet.

I don't like to see the buttons period and ours have covers that complete cover them anyway so you can't see them.

I never thought to even wonder about this. I guess I have been doing it wrong !

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11 and obviously a bad bed maker!

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

While I don't know what way is technically correct, I have always put the buttoned end at the foot of the bed. I don't like to have the buttons near my face. DD's duvet cover is a flap without buttons, and I think it looks better at the foot of the bed too.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So how do we find out the answer? Just because the majority do it at the bottom doesn't mean it's right, I'm actually starting to think top is "correct" presentation wise but who knows!

What would Martha Stewart say? .

I keep my buttons near my head. I think it looks better when the bed is made as the opening is hidden under the pillows. Also - I button my cover on the inside - this way the buttons are facing the comforter rather than my face
    Proud mom to one & only DS born 4/12
    Expecting someone new in April 2016

rachelh is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Buttons at the bottom! I'm aghast at the notion of the buttons chafing against my chin or chest when I sleep!

DD1 6/9/06
    DD2 3/19/10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast