Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes we have been buying the organic beans in tetra packs for a while. I was having trouble finding organic tomato paste in glass forever, but DH recently found it at our WF. That was the last hold out that I was having to buy canned. I agree BPA-free doesn't make me feel much more comfortable as I worry about the safety of alternatives as well.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

NAK
    I buy Bionature in glass when I find it on sale and stock up. Tropical Traditions online sometimes has free shipping and sales.

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wow! Will have to check it out the next time I'm there! BTW OP did you see that Kerry Gold has another cheese there? It's called Blarney, very mild. I like the Irish better but DD2 and 3 like this Blarney for grilled cheese sandwiches!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Tomatoes are such a stressor here - I didn't get them canned last year and we really, really miss chili

I've also read that the substitutes are just as bad, if not worse than BPA. I'm not entirely sure that the tetra packs are determinedly safer either.

For beans - we just cook 90 minute beans and try to always have some in the fridge or freezer. I can't be the type of person who remembers to soak them the night before - we'd never had beans.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I stopped into Costco today and found organic crushed tomatoes in glass jars. I haven't seen these before and was excited to finally find reasonably priced tomatoes in glass. They came in a package of four 24oz jars for $6.xx.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I stopped into Costco today and found organic crushed tomatoes in glass jars. I haven't seen these before and was excited to finally find reasonably priced tomatoes in glass. They came in a package of four 24oz jars for $6.xx.
    Cool. I will definitely look for these! I normally buy Bionature when they are on sale; I also roast, cook, and freeze some tomatoes in little pucks (in a silicone muffin pan). In a pinch I use Pomi in tetrapacks.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Will definitely look for these on our next Costco trip. Thanks!
    DS age 9

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Great news!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Due to the size if the jar, I'm guessing they might be Bionature brand, which would be the most awesome thing in the world!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Due to the size if the jar, I'm guessing they might be Bionature brand, which would be the most awesome thing in the world!!! Thanks for the heads up!
    These were labeled Kirkland brand so I don't know who actually makes them. I'm excited to try them in a sauce!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2