Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Alright, educate me here mamas. DD has mentioned wanting a rainbow loom several times, and I have no clue what she is talking about. Where do you buy them?

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Alright, educate me here mamas. DD has mentioned wanting a rainbow loom several times, and I have no clue what she is talking about. Where do you buy them?

Sent from my iPad
    the paper store and learning expresss sell it. Also here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Loom-T...s=rainbow+loom

Videos on how to: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.ts4BHMtRQIs

HTH's =D

This looks cute and DD would probably love it, but the idea of finding those little bands all over my house is giving me the twitches! lol

Is Amazon's price for the loom competitive (18.29)? I would
    prefer to order from there, but if it's much cheaper at Michaels
    Or LExpress, I will go there.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    This looks cute and DD would probably love it, but the idea of finding those little bands all over my house is giving me the twitches! lol
    Better those than stepping on the the Perler beads!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2mack&max View Post
    Is Amazon's price for the loom competitive (18.29)? I would
    prefer to order from there, but if it's much cheaper at Michaels
    Or LExpress, I will go there.
    I think the regular price is $16.99 at Michael's but I got it a week or so ago there for $14.99 for some promotion.

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

FWIW, some kids can make stuff without the loom. DS told me a girl in his class makes bracelets during recess using her fingers, and I saw a little girl leaving the afterschool program today with a huge bag of bands and a couple of pencils. You can make some designs using only a couple of pegs on the loom, so I think those can be done on fingers or pencils too.

My DD just started kindergarten. Do you think she would be too young to manage this?
    DSD - 4/98
    DS - 3/01
    DD - 4/08

Madelyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nellonello View Post
    My DD just started kindergarten. Do you think she would be too young to manage this?
    The daughter of our friends who introduced us to Rainbow Loom just started Kinder this school year. I believe she just makes the simple designs though. My daughter who will turn 7 at the end of November started with Rainbow Loom in the summer. It helped her a lot to go to the free classes at the Learning Express store. She is now able to make a few of the designs. Seems that the ages of most of the kids in the class are about 8 to 11 years old. My daughter was always the youngest at the classes we have been to. She likes crafts and is patient and doesn't get discouraged easily. She's shown other friends her age the loom and they haven't wanted to try it.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ugh. My MIL saw this on the Today Show and sent DD one. She is 5.5 and in Kindergarten. I wanted to sit down with her while DS was napping and figure it out, but she just wanted to use it as a peg board and loop the rubberbands around in patterns. I'm not telling MIL we haven't made any bracelets yet. I'm feeling the pressure to get it figured out, though, because I know she will keep asking if we have used it!! Maybe I'm the impatient one!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast