Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Red face can you tolerate another Vitamix post?.....(updated w/Costco Roadshow link #25)

I am about to feel like I am going to eat my words here!

Which model do you have? Where did you buy it? Which jar size do you have?

Alright so yesterday we were at Costco and we had the kids with us and it is Vitamix demo time. DDs of course want to try the smoothies so we gave in. They did a frap. coffee drink as we got there, and a then a green smoothie, and then we went back a second time right before leaving and they did one of the ice creams. We didn't buy it, but DD1 who is picky about veggies said she liked the green smoothie, DD2 liked the iced cream, and I who cannot stand the taste of bananas at all could not detect even the slightest taste of banana in my smoothie (HUGE). DD1 said we should buy the red unit.

The unit they were using was the 6300, but I think I like the smaller squat 64 oz. jar of the 7500, and the Vitamix Creations they have on QVC, but I really like pre sets on the 6300.

On the way home when DD1 asked DH when the next time we were going to Disneyland (we live 20 minutes away, and haven't been in iver a year) DH said DL isn't worth it anymore and that we'd probably use the Vitamix more (he must have been channeling his inner BBB mentality or something), and it would be about the cost for the 4 of us to go to DL for a single day if I got either the refurbed 6300 or 7500 from Vitamix.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-12-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm laughing here, Annie! I feel like you and I have totally been on the same page about a Vitamix being ridiculously overpriced . . . right up until DH started talking about how cool it would be to have veggie smoothies, and we ordered a refurbished 7500. It's showing up on Thursday; I'll post once we get it.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I probably should have ordered the red (maybe I can still change it???) but I ordered the white 7500/professional whatever one from the vitamix specials page this morning. I thought that since our mixer is white, I'll always have some white stuff, and when I get to put together my dream kitchen in my next house, it'll be mostly white... anyway, that's our story.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

well we have the 6300, in red, got from Costco. jar size is 64 oz (tall).

initially the tall size jar bothered me, bc it can't fit under a counter, but now that i've used it for a month it is not an issue at all. when not in use it spends most of its time upside down in a drying rack anyway in fact i like the taller size, so it can make enough for the whole family.

yesterday we ended up using it four times. i made a green smoothie in the morning, then DH made orange juice, then DH made peanut butter, then we made banana ice cream. The peanut butter was SO D*MN good. we literally just tossed in a jar of Honey Roasted Planters peanuts and then in a minute or got the creamiest, yummiest tasting PB. Our super-picky nephews (age 8 and 10) even couldnt' stop eating it and kept asking for more. *I*couldn't stop eating it. made me never want to have "regular" PB again.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-11-2013 at 01:23 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks all! I might have to wait a few weeks because I need to pay my state income tax, and my property tax first and make sure that my bonus will cover this as well because my employer paid us our bonuses directly and didn't take out any income taxes (it's a state employee thing, but my company makes 100% of their own money, hence the bonus), so those income taxes are being taken out of next month's check (by the state) and it could eat up about 40% of the $1200 bonus.

I really don't have a preference in color, it is whatever is on sale! My Kitchen Aid mixer (and my current Waring blender) are pistaschio green so I know it isn't going to match. I love the turqouise of the QVC Creations blender, but I think the white looks nice and crisp, but the red looks nice as well and for a little less I'd rather have the multiple settings and am not 100% sure I'd use the dry jar since I still use my mixer and Cuisinart (but could easily get rid of my manual juicer, the Waring blender, and my Cuisinart ice cream maker, which I have never really loved), unless it comes with some attachment that shreads cheese or grates onions. Now if it made rice, that would be awesome!

We eat a lot of peanut butter so I anticipate being able to make that as well. DH, and the kids put it on bagels daily. We go through a large jar every 2 weeks. I am sure a large jar of peanuts from Costco is cheaper in the long run.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You guys are killing me . . . Let me know what you decide, Annie.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Thanks all! I might have to wait a few weeks because I need to pay my state income tax, and my property tax first and make sure that my bonus will cover this as well because my employer paid us our bonuses directly and didn't take out any income taxes (it's a state employee thing, but my company makes 100% of their own money, hence the bonus), so those income taxes are being taken out of next month's check (by the state) and it could eat up about 40% of the $1200 bonus.

I really don't have a preference in color, it is whatever is on sale! My Kitchen Aid mixer (and my current Waring blender) are pistaschio green so I know it isn't going to match. I love the turqouise of the QVC Creations blender, but I think the white looks nice and crisp, but the red looks nice as well and for a little less I'd rather have the multiple settings and am not 100% sure I'd use the dry jar since I still use my mixer and Cuisinart (but could easily get rid of my manual juicer, the Waring blender, and my Cuisinart ice cream maker, which I have never really loved), unless it comes with some attachment that shreads cheese or grates onions. Now if it made rice, that would be awesome!

We eat a lot of peanut butter so I anticipate being able to make that as well. DH, and the kids put it on bagels daily. We go through a large jar every 2 weeks. I am sure a large jar of peanuts from Costco is cheaper in the long run.
    We decided to go for the 7500 w/out presets, not because of the jar shape really but because it's advertised as being 40% quieter than the other motor. Not sure how much of a difference that actually makes, but I liked the idea of a quieter blender. I definitely debated about the presets vs the noise, but the top-of-the-line one (the Pro 750) just seemed way more than we needed, plus it's crazy pricey. We paid $432 w/shipping & tax for a reconditioned 7500 w/one jar and a set of spatulas (there was a free shipping code that took off $25). Just as an FYI though, the reconditioned ones come w/a 5-year warranty vs the 7-year for the new ones.

I debated over the 750 and 7500 as well. I went with the 7500 and wonder if I will regret it. I didn't get the spatulas though. Are they special or different. I hope the Vitamix really shakes up our breakfast routine (pun intended) and gets more veggies in my family.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not trying to hijack but has anyone owned one for awhile and still use it as much as you did in the beginning? I find I buy things and then the novelty wears off and it sits collecting dust.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast