Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Sandwich Containers - Lunchbots or Something Else

My twins use a Lunchbots Trio this year for snack. They have loosened with time and they can open and close them easily. This summer they will be going to a camp where they have to bring lunch; same for the school year this fall. Ds1 loves his Planetbox but I am not ready to invest in those yet when their PBK Spiderman/Batman lunch boxes and lunchbots have plenty of life in them. I am pretty sure they will have help in opening whatever container I pack.

So Lunchbots? Snack Taxi (I think someone said they have begin to smell after awhile. Pastrygirl, maybe? We haven't had that experience but ours get used for pretzels or cheddar bunnies). Anything else I am not thinking of?

I am hoping to start looking now so I can look for sales. Thanks!

I like our lunch bots. They haven't loosened after 1.5 years of near daily use. I have one that's split in half and one that just open. I usually just do 1/2 sandwich and snacks.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like this one a lot: http://www.amazon.com/Innobaby-Keepi...innobaby+lunch

We have two and they see a ton of use (daily for snack, DS uses a Planetbox for lunch). They get hauled around in his backpack, tossed in the bin, etc. They are holding up great. He can open and close them by himself too, which is nice.

Georgiegirl, I forgot that I won't necessarily be packing a full sized sandwich so the duo would work fine. I might even have two.

Ahisma, this is exactly why I posted. I knew there were some containers that I didn't know about.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

love our lunch bots. That said I don't think a lunch for DSs (ages 5 and 7) would fit in there (not big enough) so you may need to of them? Depends on how much the eat I guess.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I usually use a wrap n mat for sandwiches.

Catherine

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My girls love their PBK Spencer Bentos. I also highly rec. getting the Lands End Classmate lunch box if you need more space to fit a milk box in there. I plan on getting one of those for DD2 once she needs to take her lunch to school 5 days a week when she is 4.

eta: we used a KlipIt last year with DD1 and it worked quite well. I only bought the PBK Bentos because I got them both on sale for $10 and thought they looked cool.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-06-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

My boys have used these for years and love them: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/k...uctId=10025083

If you search on here, you'll see that I've written posts and included a pic of how I use these. I've seen them in many stores--container store, old navy, and even last week Marshalls ($3.99 there).

They work perfectly in their PBK lunch boxes.

In addition to the half sandwich and snacks in the lunch bot, I usually throw an applesauce pouch, frozen yogurt stick or string cheese in the lunch box ( PBK retro). I will say I'm very impressed with how well the lunch bots have held up.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    love our lunch bots. That said I don't think a lunch for DSs (ages 5 and 7) would fit in there (not big enough) so you may need to of them? Depends on how much the eat I guess.
    Good point. I was going to continue to use their Lunchbot Trio (for sides like pretzels, crackers, cucumbers, carrots, cheese and fruit) and add a sandwich container. I am pretty sure their PBK character lunchboxes can hold an additional sandwich container as well as a funtainer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast