Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    I bought the refurbished 6300--for the presets. The way I was looking at it was that I wanted super simplicity for each level of person using it...distracted Mommy, clueless Daddy, disinterested babysitter, confused grandparents, and with the projected life of the machine likely also well meaning child (my oldest is 6 years old).

I just got mine today and I don't think it's all that noisy at all (less noisy than my husband's new Starbucks coffee machine). I do however have to store it with the canister beside the base and pull it out to use it because of my low cabinets. :/
    See that is my thinking too. I still need to measure my cabinets.

I calculated the total, the Vitamix refurbs. come with a 5 yr. warranty standard for $379, if I want another 3 yrs. it is $75, plus 9% sales tax that equals $488, and who knows what the shipping charges would be if I decided I didn't want it and had to return to Vitamix. So if I buy a 6300 or even the cheaper $379 model at Costco at least I know I can take it back if I hate it or simply don't use it as much, and the price on the 6300 is only $45-$50 more (depending on what county I buy it in--OC has 8%) and I get 7 yrs. standard.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought the $379 model from costco a few weeks ago. It is noisy, but I love it and use it all the time. I have a hard time imagining that you need all the presets and other bells and whistles. It is really easy to use.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blisstwins View Post
    I bought the $379 model from costco a few weeks ago. It is noisy, but I love it and use it all the time. I have a hard time imagining that you need all the presets and other bells and whistles. It is really easy to use.
    Silly question but do they have it in red at Costco without the roadshow?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    I bought the refurbished 6300--for the presets. The way I was looking at it was that I wanted super simplicity for each level of person using it...distracted Mommy, clueless Daddy, disinterested babysitter, confused grandparents, and with the projected life of the machine likely also well meaning child (my oldest is 6 years old).
    /
    yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Yes, using a Vitamix is not rocket science. But neither is putting on a cloth diaper, yet with that our sitter/grandparents freaked out/asked so many questions/complained to the point that i just gave up. With the vitamix, I can just see the questions - how long do I run it? what speed? Is it supposed to do that? Am setting it too high? too long? etc. this takes the guesswork out of it. It was worth the money to me. I actually only use it half the time, the other half DH uses it. Especially for the soups..i just set it and forget about it and go play with the kids in the meantime.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-12-2013 at 09:21 AM.

It took some poking around Bing (Bing actually worked--it rarely works well for me), but here is the Vitamix Costco Roadshow schedule for the spring of 2013:
    http://www.costco.com/vitamix-schedule.html

Don't ask me why but Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona are listed in the San Diego region.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    It took some poking around Bing (Bing actually worked--it rarely works well for me), but here is the Vitamix Costco Roadshow schedule for the spring of 2013:
    http://www.costco.com/vitamix-schedule.html

Don't ask me why but Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona are listed in the San Diego region.
    Thanks Annie - I swear I was beginning to question my sanity.

Also if anyone is okay with the 5200 you can get it, the additional 32 oz. dry goods jar and three cookbooks (not sure if they are smaller than the large one they have at the road show), and shipping and handling for $499 on costco.com.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3