Default Omega Masticating Juicer $159- Lightning Deal

Anybody have this one and care to comment?
    Lowest previous to this was in the $190s according to CCC.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My neighbor has it. It takes sooooo long to prep the food (cutting into tiny pieces) and soooo long to juice the food. I know it's not the same thing, but we much prefer the vitamix!

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The link didn't work for me, so I'm not sure which model it was, but we bought an Omega 8005 in 2005 and just sold it on ebay, after getting a vitamix last week.

You don't really have to cut the food into tiny pieces, you can just ram them in with the tamper, but IMO it wastes so much food with all the pulp, and it's a huge pain to clean up. Also, my DH is pre-diabetic, and he found that even vegetable juices cause a pretty big blood sugar spike, so he stopped using it. The Vitamix smoothies don't!

However, if you like vegetable juice, it's awesome; much nicer than the centrifugal ones.

I just cancelled my order (it is the 8003 model) based on urique's comments but now I'm having second thoughts. I am addicted to beet juice from a local shop which is $8 a bottle so I figured I could recoup my costs pretty quickly with the juicer. I can't see myself doing loads of prep or clean up though so I'm stil on the fence.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyofAmaya View Post
    I just cancelled my order (it is the 8003 model) based on urique's comments but now I'm having second thoughts. I am addicted to beet juice from a local shop which is $8 a bottle so I figured I could recoup my costs pretty quickly with the juicer. I can't see myself doing loads of prep or clean up though so I'm stil on the fence.
    Oh no, I'm sorry I discouraged you! Just sharing our experience. Get it! We sold ours on ebay for $153, after owning it for 8 years. You can definitely recoup your costs if it doesn't work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    Oh no, I'm sorry I discouraged you! Just sharing our experience. Get it! We sold ours on ebay for $153, after owning it for 8 years. You can definitely recoup your costs if it doesn't work out for you.
    Thanks for your comments. That is exactly what I asked for!
    ~C~

I bought it again. If resale is that good on Ebay it seems as if there isn't much to lose. Thanks.
    ~C~

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm in love with my Omega juicer. It takes 5 seconds to clean. Makes awesome juice. AWESOME.
    Not sure which one you bought but this is mine http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=17222724

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    I'm in love with my Omega juicer. It takes 5 seconds to clean. Makes awesome juice. AWESOME.
    Not sure which one you bought but this is mine http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=17222724
    We have this omega but in white (8004 I think). It's a piece of cake to clean. There is some prep time involved but that's true no matter what juicer or blender you use. Either way fruits and veggies have to be washed and rough chopped/sliced.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have an Omega VRT330 and I love it. If you want to juice veggies, especially green veggies like kale, then you want a masticating juicer. Juicers from theses machines will last longer if you intend to store them in the fridge.

Most of the people I know who talk juicing are in love with the omega 8006.