Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I forgot to pay my credit card bill!

I have never not paid my credit card bill in full each month. I still receive a paper statement but pay online. My credit card was declined today so I logged on to see that I apparantly missed a payment. I am good about receiving a statement and then scheduling a full payment. I don't see my statement anywhere so I don't know if I didn't get it or I just misplaced it.

Should I call and see if they will refund charges? I have been charged a $25 late fee and $100 (!) in interest...eek. Do they do this? I don't want to call and them say , "ya ya ya", sorry lady.

I am so embarrassed! If they don't refund charges I will be charged for interest next month also, right? Double cycle billing, ugh...help~
    Mama to 3

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

call and plead your case. they will likely waive the fees
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Yup, call them. You have nothing to lose! Point out your clear history, and they'll want to keep you as a customer and likely waive the fees.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Call them. They'll probably waive the fees based on your payment history.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Absolutely call. It is well worth the effort. And unless you think you lost the bill, tell them you never received it. It is possible hey did not send one; that has happened to me. In fact, my credit union never sends the bill for my car loan anymore; I have no idea why.

You will want to ask your cc company to waive the interest fees. Even if you pay the balance in full right now, interest will continue to accrue unless they cancel it.

If you always have paid on time before, they should waive everything for you.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Definitely call and ask them to waive the fee and interest. IME, they will.

Catherine

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep....done that before. We always pay ours off completely and forgot once. They waived it as a courtesy.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've done this with several of my cards (why do they all have to be due at different times of the month?!) when things get busy here with holidays, sickness, vacation, etc. Usually I am only a few days late, so not much accrued in interest. They have always waived the late fee (they say as a one time courtesy), then process my payment right then over the phone and make a note so that no more interest accrues.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had this happen once before (I just flat out forgot), and they waived the late fee for sure, and I think the interest, too. Can't hurt to ask.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Definitely call and ask them to waive the fees! Most companies will do so once a year.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast