Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Definitely call and ask them to waive the fees! Most companies will do so once a year.
    This. Pointing out that you pay in full each month is generally not a good thing. What they care about is that you don't have a history of it. Most companies allow one "no questions asked" waiver of fees a year.

I called ,& made a payment but I have to call back tomorrow after the payment processes for them to waive fees. He did make notes in the system though.

Thanks ladies! I was freaking out for a moment!
    Mama to 3

That happened to me once and since then I put everything on automatic payment. It is too much to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Definitely call and ask them to waive the fees! Most companies will do so once a year.

On the occasions I've done this (both times right after one of the boys was born) the CC waived the fee and told me that they can do this 1x/year.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    I have never not paid my credit card bill in full each month. I still receive a paper statement but pay online. My credit card was declined today so I logged on to see that I apparantly missed a payment. I am good about receiving a statement and then scheduling a full payment. I don't see my statement anywhere so I don't know if I didn't get it or I just misplaced it.

Should I call and see if they will refund charges? I have been charged a $25 late fee and $100 (!) in interest...eek. Do they do this? I don't want to call and them say , "ya ya ya", sorry lady.

I am so embarrassed! If they don't refund charges I will be charged for interest next month also, right? Double cycle billing, ugh...help~
    Yes, I've done it. I pay in full every single time. I missed a mailing and got same thing happened to me so I called and they reversed. It's routine and if you have a good record, they consider it a courtesy.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, I have actually done this twice--although years apart with the same company. The first time they waived the charges. The 2nd time they didn't however it was still important that I called because--and this was complicated I could not quite follow it but even after I thought I paid my fees off additional charges were appearing on my statements--something to do with how the interest accrues--so if they won't waive it, make sure you tell them you want to pay all of what you owe and not have more charges later!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

I have had the fees waived more than once. I am also a pay in full customer every month.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    I have had the fees waived more than once. I am also a pay in full customer every month.
    Did they refund your interest charge also? Or just the late fee?
    Mama to 3

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm curious as to why they'd decline the card with your stellar history -- or at all, really. We've missed payments before and almost always have a balance, but they've never declined a charge.

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

I did the same thing on a card I didn't realize I had used one month. It had something like $30 on it so then when I went to pay it the next month (about a week ago now) I saw I had late fees and interest from my new purchases. I had the same kind of mortified, panicky feeling. I still need to call them - my bigger concern than the fees is the late payment being reported to the credit reporting bureaus. I don't want this to affect my credit score! Anyone know about this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast