mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I need workout DVD suggestions

After a hiatus from working out for several months, I am getting back on track. I've started running on my treadmill regularly. I used to workout with a personal trainer once a week and we did lots of core strengthening and general muscle toning but I'm not doing that anymore and I'm terrible about motivating myself to workout on my own. I'm not interested in joining a gym because it becomes a logistical nightmare to try and find the time to go. I typically workout early morning or 9pm at night.

I'm trying to find a good DVD workout video that focuses on core strength and improving muscle tone. I'd probably do it once or twice a week in addition to running on the treadmill 2-3 times a week.

Anyone use something they really like?
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

30 Day Shred could work.

Also, not a DVD but workout tool- I use 10 minute [abs, legs, butt...] apps. Free and it helps take away the "what should I do next?" question.

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    30 Day Shred could work.

Also, not a DVD but workout tool- I use 10 minute [abs, legs, butt...] apps. Free and it helps take away the "what should I do next?" question.
    Thanks. Those sound perfect!

What are the apps called? Are they on the ipad?
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

They are free. Made by Daily Workout Apps.

I love the blender fitness videos on Youtube!

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love P90X. I am terrible about motivating myself (I run slowly, stop before I'm done, etc.), but I have found these to be really motivational. I don't do them all (I don't rally want a body with enormous muscles, or feel I need to work out 6 days a week), but there are about 4-5 that I do regularly, about 4 times a week in the morning before the kids wake up. One is cardio, one is legs and back (lots of lunges and wall squats and such), one is abs, one is core, and one is karate. They have gotten me in pretty good shape (though I still feel like my mid-section could look a little tighter!). They are tough, but I have found them doable. And I have a knee that has had multiple surgeries, and I like that it's not really high impact.
    I also have Tracy Anderson's mat DVD which I intersperse as well. It's great for arms and abs (and the leg work isn't bad either).
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05