Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by misshollygolightly View Post
    I LOVE to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with slices of lemon, lime, oranges, and/or cucumber floating in it. I also throw in fresh mint leaves and/or cubes of watermelon if I have them on hand. Any combo of those things is pretty amazing, really! Up the fruit/herbs for a more intense flavor.
    I want to do something like this but I am wondering how long you can leave it in the fridge. Do you have to use it in 24 hrs or can it last a day or 2? Call me lazy but it seems like a lot of work for everyday but once in 2-3 days sounds somehow more doable!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I forgot about celery juice! DH juices celery often as a post workout recovery. It's really hydrating...just make sure you get organic.

Try eating juicy fruits as well as drinking water. I found eating things like watermelon, grapes, and apples really helped quench my thirst. I wouldn't drink too much Gatorade or any drink like that. Most of them have a ton of sodium and end up making you thirstier. Stick with water, herbal teas that you make yourself (nothing pre-prepared in a bottle), and fruits and veggies. Peppers can be nice and juicy. Cucumber juice I bet is fantastic, though I've never had it.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anamika View Post
    I want to do something like this but I am wondering how long you can leave it in the fridge. Do you have to use it in 24 hrs or can it last a day or 2? Call me lazy but it seems like a lot of work for everyday but once in 2-3 days sounds somehow more doable!
    It should make it 2 days, maybe 3. But mine never lasts that long so I don't know from experience. I drink so much more water this way than when it's plain.
    DS age 9

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    It should make it 2 days, maybe 3. But mine never lasts that long so I don't know from experience. I drink so much more water this way than when it's plain.
    Thanks - I added some orange and kiwi slices to a pitcher. We shall see. I am also hoping that it will increase my water consumption. I really don't like the taste of regular tap water here - though it is not horrible enough to buy the bottled stuff like we have had to do in our old house.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

No longer pregnant but I am hooked on wegman's brand canned sparkling water. No sugar, no additives just s little bit of bubble. May be worth a try!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks - I added some orange and kiwi slices to a pitcher. We shall see. I am also hoping that it will increase my water consumption. I really don't like the taste of regular tap water here - though it is not horrible enough to buy the bottled stuff like we have had to do in our old house.
    Have you tried a brita filter or similar? I found it increased my water intake dramatically.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i drink lots more when its filtered water at room temp. i also like to add lemon or lime juice

Oh yes, it should definitely last two days in the fridge (possibly longer). And it shouldn't be that much work--just toss a few slices, chunks or wedges of whatever fruit you're using in the pitcher, fill with water, and muddle it around a bit with a wooden spoon. Voila! You could add more water the fruit the next day and save yourself having to cut up more fruit the second day.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2