Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I am SO thirsty! Any great drinks that will help?

Yes, I am pregnant and my blood sugar is fine. I'm just thirsty LOL! I feel like water doesn't touch it. I've been drinking powerade zero and it helps a lot more, but water just goes straight through me.

Anything awesome I should try drinking that will help? Someone posted a link on facebook of some "detox" drinks that were just fruits and herbs and they all looked so amazing!
    I am NOT a fan of most coconut waters, they are slimy and yuck.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

what about herbal tea? You could sweeten lightly with honey or agave. I love Paradise iced tea unsweetened, they make a decaffeinated one.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Passi...iced+tea+decaf

Other fruit tea flavors

http://www.amazon.com/Celestial-Seas...=pd_sim_gro_11

You could also drink Arnold Palmers .... lemonade and decaf black tea (half and half).... I loved that when I was preggo!

I wouldn't drink too much powerade zero .... lots of artificial colors and sweeteners that just aren't great for you. I didn't like coconut water at first either but I've grown to enjoy it. For me it has to be super cold.

Oh and do you like sparkling beverages? Maybe some sparkling water with lime or lemon? Or a splash of cranberry juice?

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not sure what would work better to quench your thirst but I would make sure I was eating a very low sodium diet. I'm a mess the day after I eat at a pizzeria....your sodium intake is worth a look.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure if this will work, but since someone mentioned herbal tea... I just made tis this week and it's GOOD! I had to use more Stevia than I thought to tone down the Bragg's.

http://www.lexieskitchen.com/lexies_...-kool-aid.html

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

coconut water worked for me. I was INSANELY thirsty with Jack.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I haven't had artificial sweeteners in about 10 years, but diet drinks always made me more thirsty. Maybe the Powerade Zero is exacerbating your thirst?

I liked ice cold, plain water or iced tea when pregnant. I went through tons of boxes of teas experimenting with flavors.

There's a recipe for homemade "Gatorade" with water, OJ, salt, and sugar. My kids love it (sports or when they are sick) and I even reduce the sugar.

Does fruit help? Fresh melon, pineapple, strawberries...

ETA: Coconut water alone is unpalatable but in smoothies with frozen fruit, it's good! I forgot DH made some when I was dehydrated from morning sickness.
    Last edited by BunnyBee; 04-14-2013 at 10:07 AM.

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    coconut water worked for me.
    I use coconut water after my really long runs and find it quenches my thirst far better than just water ( but I find it very expensive!).

Cucumber. Juice it, make a smoothie or just put lots of slices in water.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

I LOVE to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with slices of lemon, lime, oranges, and/or cucumber floating in it. I also throw in fresh mint leaves and/or cubes of watermelon if I have them on hand. Any combo of those things is pretty amazing, really! Up the fruit/herbs for a more intense flavor.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by misshollygolightly View Post
    I LOVE to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with slices of lemon, lime, oranges, and/or cucumber floating in it. I also throw in fresh mint leaves and/or cubes of watermelon if I have them on hand. Any combo of those things is pretty amazing, really! Up the fruit/herbs for a more intense flavor.
    Yes, this! It tastes so good and is a little different each time you make it.

I also love iced green tea with ginger and mint from a Real Simple recipe - green tea, ginger slices, mint leaves, honey and lemon. You boil the water with the ginger in it. Remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, and steep for 15 min. then add honey and lemon.
    DS age 9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast