ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Is this spam? Pinecone research email

I got this in my inbox this morning:

You are invited for a Mystery Shopping / Customer Care Representatives Assignment in your Area

Compensation: 300.00USD Per Survey

CLICK HERE to Register

PineCone Research™

I did a search here and see that Pinecone is a legit survey place, but all those posts said they pay about $3 per survey. There isn't a web address in the email, just a CLICK HERE link, so I'm thinking its a phishing scam and if I click through they will hack my email or something. Thoughts?

FWIW, I have done mystery shopping (some online surveys but mostly in person) for a few other companies in the past, but I'm not sure how Pinecone got my email......

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I"m a member of Pinecone and have never received anything like that. Not saying that means much, but I just have never seen anything like that from them. As far as I know they don't send out emails unless you've registered with them and the USD on the dollar value makes me skeptical. My payments never say that.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree, Pinecone Research is legit (I've been a member for over 10 years) but that sounds like a spam message. And yes, it's $3 per survey not $300!

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I kinda figured it was spam, the way it was set up and the $300 pay, but wanted to double check before deleting, didn't want to miss out on $300!

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You could forward the email to [email protected] and ask them- that way they are the ones to open it ;-)
    It doesn't sound legit, especially if you are not a member of Pinecone Research already.