Default overate by 1,000 calories

darn you period! I seriously could not stop. I guess I will try to redeem myself tomorrow. I was doing well and then the last four days, especially the last two it has been out of control. It seems so hard to lose and then so easy to eat. I really, really try not to have anything in the house and then DH brings in a bag of kit kats!!! One thing lead to another...someone dropped off cookies.
    I think it is a plot. sigh.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It is so hard, I know. Hugs. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you don't do that again for a week or two, those 1000calories won't cause you to gain weight. It will though if you continue to binge.

It sounds to me like you are limiting your calories too much. If you are at a point where you can't stop yourself from snacking and feeling hungry, you are probably restricting yourself too much.

Try adding another 100 calories to your lunchtime meal. Or use some of your dinner calories for an afternoon snack each day. And drink lots of water while you are eating!

An extra 100 calories per day will cause you to lose weight more slowly but it won't be as hard and you won't binge as much.

Oh, a trick my dietician told me about. If you get to a point again where you can't stop eating cookies, stop yourself and make a sandwich. It can be a ham or pbj sandwich but it right then. A sandwich is filling and generaly has protein that will satiate you longer. Plus, a simple ham or pbj sandwich only has about 300 calories where as it only takes 3 small cookies to reach that amount. Better to stop the binge with a sandwich than to possibly keep snacking.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks. I think I am not drinking as much water because I am busier. That is a great trick--thanks for sharing.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Been there. Most everyone has. Bad days happen. Hope tomorrow has fewer temptations !!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

The repurcussions were not as bad as I feared and am back in the saddle. Thanks for the encouragement!