Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Netflix is constantly cycling titles, there is always a huge list of "expiring soon" (as well as a huge list of "new titles").
    This is a bit different than their normal cycling. They're losing way more than usual all at once.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I know! He is SOOOOO whiny! However....I do really like that my big 6 year olds are still into something so benign....

Also I can't stand the narrator, her voice is so saccharine. But DD loves it and it's innocuous...

Anyway, thanks for posting OP! I hadn't heard of this. DH and I mostly wind up watching stuff on Amazon prime, pretty much only DD is watching the Netflix shows.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

So none of the shows we use Netflix for are still on there . . . Dora, Diego, Fresh Beat Band, You Gabba Gabba, Wonderpets, etc. Anyone have any updates on whether Netflix is going to get these back, or should we just cancel???

Bad move Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrryan View Post
    So none of the shows we use Netflix for are still on there . . . Dora, Diego, Fresh Beat Band, You Gabba Gabba, Wonderpets, etc. Anyone have any updates on whether Netflix is going to get these back, or should we just cancel???

Bad move Netflix.
    Cancel. Nick Jr. shows are on Amazon now. It was announced a couple of weeks ago. Besides you can restart it pretty much instantly if you decide you want to watch something. No use paying them until then. Here's an article about the switch.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...270830934.html
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, they signed a contract with disney and now there are a lot of disney selections. My kids just adjust and are happy to watch new shows. DS3 loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which is a new show to him. Aren't your kids interested in other shows? I get that they have their favorites, but stuff changes all the time on tv, even on netflix.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So seeing this thread I went and cued up Jake and the Neverland Pirates for my 3 year old Then I saw they had Lego Ninjago for my older boys. They were THRILLED- and then equally disappointed when all of the Lego selections disappeared unexpectedly 2 days later.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Quote Originally Posted by mollyrryan View Post
    Just learned that Netflix is losing most of the shows my kids watch on the ipad ~ Dora, Blues Clues, Fresh Beat Band, etc. Are there any other good streaming options that would have these shows available?

Thank you!

ETA ~ it happened . . . contract negotiations must have failed. Anyone know whether there is still a chance Netflix will get these shows back, or should be just cancel???
    Netflix has essentially said (based on their new strategic plan) that they will renegotiate with Viacom if Viacom gives them exclusive rights. Viacom has said no to this so far and I don't see why they would change their minds given that I'm sure the more venues they stream on, the more money they make. Amazon Prime has a lot of the Nickelodeon shows for free and if you have a Roku, you can stream to your TV. We don't have a Roku (have a Tivo and an Apple TV but it doesn't work with either of those). I cancelled our Netflix and just set up our Tivo to tape a bunch of the shows on Disney, Nick, and PBS kids. My DH bought an extra hard drive for the Tivo so we can record and keep a ton of shows for the girls. So far, we are very happy.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Well, they signed a contract with disney and now there are a lot of disney selections. My kids just adjust and are happy to watch new shows. DS3 loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which is a new show to him. Aren't your kids interested in other shows? I get that they have their favorites, but stuff changes all the time on tv, even on netflix.
    Hopefully, your kids are flexible. Mine seem to be. They have their favorites, but will watch other stuff. I want them to watch more than one thing over and over anyways.

That said, Amazon Prime may be an option. I still like Netflix better, but that's more cuz of how much better their app is. They do have more stuff too, but if Amazon Prime is your only choice, it's not a big deal. I use their iPad and iPhone app. I REALLY don't like the website interface on an actual computer. The reverse is true with Netflix where the computer website is a lot better than their mobile app.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have Amazon Prime but not being able to use it on Tivo kills it for me. I wish Amazon and Tivo would make a deal more than I wish Netflix and Viacom would make a deal!

By the way, for those with little kids who like dinosaurs, check out "Chased by Dinosaurs" on Netflix. It's like a Crocodile Hunter documentary but with dinosaurs (CGI). My 2 and 5 year old were transfixed.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3