Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Which sandals your 2 yr old is wearing for summer?

I don't like Keens and I'm looking for sandals with a lighter foot bed and maybe lighter than stride rites, something very very lightweight. She's prone to falls. She currently has these and I like how lightweight it is. But its open toes.

Nike has these for closed toes which received very good response, I just don't like how they look.

I just want to see what others might have for summer, I know Keens are very popular here but I don't like the bulkiness of it.

TIA
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 2.5 year old just got these from See Kai Run http://www.seekairun.com/cgi-bin/com...GLORIAS13WHITE

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My newly 3 yr. old is wearing Salt Water Sandals (the ones with the thick sole), Target's version of Keens, and Crocs Cayman clogs. Last year at 2 she wore essentially the same thing, but we bought her regular Keens because we got them on sale at REI. Oh and last year she also had some Stride Rite white fisherman style sandals.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My girls have always worn closed toe summer shoes because of the mulch and rocks at daycare. I typically buy Skecher's Cali Girl shoes (we have these in pink and purple this year:

or crocs that look something like this: http://www.crocs.com/crocs-girls-kee...hildrens-shoes.

I love this style because they are indestructible. They wash clean with soap and water and last the entire summer season.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    My 2.5 year old just got these from See Kai Run http://www.seekairun.com/cgi-bin/com...GLORIAS13WHITE
    My DGD2 has a pair of these too (actually the boys' version but they looked pretty unisex to me and they were on sale!). So far, so good, but it's still coolish in New England.

We like the Chacos for our summer shoes. The foot bed is nice and light and they are fully adjustable. LOVE.

DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been buying DDs Saltwater Sweetheart sandals for years now. They are open toe, so they may not work for you, but they get worn daily during the summer and by the end of the season, they are still in nice enough condition that I am able to resell them for half of what I paid.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a pair of keens that we just started using this weekend and I wish we would have gotten the velcro strap ones (vs the bungee cord) but they are okay.
    Also have a pair of pedipeds in white:
    http://www.amazon.com/pediped-Grip-N.../dp/B005DTL9YO
    Got them from a friend, looks like they are discontinued. Very cute and sturdy but not heavy.

Also a pair of see kai runs that are open at the toe but not very open:
    http://www.giggle.com/on/demandware....FeZ_QgodkUUAqg

And a pair of tsukihoshi sneakers.

All of these were bought on ebay, consignment, gymbofriends, or hand me downs. Didn't pay more than $15 for any of them!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the 2nd pair in your original post. I think they are cute on with athletic style clothing or swim gear. My DS wore the same style in boys until he was big enough to go open toe (and now wears the top pair but boys colors).

Honestly, though, we only wear them for water play. They are not ones I would allow them to wear on rocks, mulch, etc or lots of running. They are very thin and not padded at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast