Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Bitty Twins Resell value

How much would you ask/expect to pay for Bitty Twin girls on Craigslist. They are in excellent condition. They are the blonde ones with the plaid/denim dress.

I'm feeling kind of sad about this but DDs insist they want to sell them! We bought them at the AG store about 3 years ago and they have never gotten consistent play. Apparently the girls do not remember going to buy them which means they are obviously not as special as I had hoped! They are *very* interested in the historical dolls and I would certainly put the profits aside for a future trip to the store.

Also, I have some matching polly & friends dress sets (5T girl plus doll outfit). Should I bundle these or not? Sell the twins as a set or not? TIA!!

I just sold older bitty twins, a couple of outfits for each, a double stroller and high chair -- all authentic AG and in excellent condition -- bundled for $150 on CL. I tried to sell it all for $200 but wasn't getting any bites so I lowered to $150 and they were sold. HTH.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a set on our Craigslist for $70 with no shoes or socks and only original outfit which seems high to me. Though maybe it shouldn't. (it is two boys)

You do seem to have the most desirable outfit set (IMHO)

If they are in good condition, with all pieces, maybe start it at $70 and see how it does? American Girl doll outfits generally resell for $15-$20. I paid $10 used for that particular dress (no shoes or anything). And $20 used for a different BItty baby outfit with all pieces and the book.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 05-28-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

I bought a single bitty twin (a boy) for my ds when he was a toddler on ebay. It didn't come with anything other than the outfit he was wearing, and he was not in a box, probably very lightly used. I think I paid somewhere between $30-40.