♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default (nevermind!) need help!! - printing labels from USPS.com?? (not ebay/Paypal)

i need to ship an item (7 oz, just a baby outfit) and i need to ship tomorrow. no time to go to post office, so i figured i'd just go online and print a shipping label and put it in my mailbox in the morning for pickup (i've done that a million times, but only for ebay purchases where tehre's a direct link).

now when i go to USPS.com and enter in the info, it only gives me Priority Mail and others (no First Class shipping) as options. it is ridiculous..this lady lives like 30 minutes away only. Thru paypal. For 7 oz weight usually i can typically ship item for $2.20 or something like that..however cheapest options that usps.com shows me are $5.05 and up?? do i have some setting wrong? is there a way to ship first class mail online without doing it thru paypal or eBay??
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-27-2013 at 11:32 PM.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i don't think there are any free options to ship a first class mail. you can do it through stamps.com but you have to pay and i think it's subscription only.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

You can't pay for the postage online, but you can figure out the cost and then use regular stamps to do the postage. Doesn't give you tracking though.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks guys!! i actually figured it out after googling it..turns out you can do it from Paypal directly. you have to go via this URL as i couldn't find it on the Paypal homepage. see the post by "DaveHo" in this link. it totally worked and as a bonus i could use my Paypal balance to pay for teh shipping.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...assmedia-mail/

eta: ok so i should have been more clear...in my OP i said "not paypal" but i really meant, not accepting payment thru paypal. like if you want to send someone a gift or something in the mail, but don't want to go to post office.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-27-2013 at 11:34 PM.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

usps.com doesn't have a first class option. you can go to paypal.com/shipnow and log in and then create a label there.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They actually do have a first class option to ship from home, but it's not easy at all to find. I have it saved in my bookmarks, but then lost it.

Google "ship first class from home usps" or something like that and you'll come up with a link to the URL....it's a pain that they don't make it easy to find.

You can create USPS labels through PP w/o a sale by using this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...b64afed84968ec
    You have to already be signed into PayPal for it to work, though.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton