boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default bottomless pit in a.m.

the last few weeks I have been a bottomless pit in the morning. I eat from 8 - 1230 ish, and can't seem to get full. i don't really eat anything after lunch, have a small dinner and then start over in the a.m.

any ideas what is going on? what am I eating/not eating wrong? my activity level hasn't changed, no change in weight, etc.

typical morning foods are instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, nuts and salad with grilled chicken for lunch.

No medical advice here, but it sounds just like DD1.

For example tonight, she ate 2 bites of one chicken nugget and was FULL! I don't even blink at that anymore.
    It's as if she's in a cycle... big breakfast, then a second breakfast, then morning snack at daycare and then lunch. By the afternoon she eats a few bites and calls it done.
    At this point I figure she probably just wakes up really hungry and feels the need to eat. She might be eating all of her calories in the morning and then doesn't feel as hungry as the day goes on. If I look at it as a full day and not just by meal, she's still getting the same amount of food as those eating throughout the day.

Sorry probably not very helpful, just thought you'd like to know you're not alone.
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Might be a long shot, but any chance you could be pregnant? Ravenous morning appetite was my first pregnancy symptom.