I just got back from the Dr. where DS was diagnosed with pneumonia and asthma.
I guess I am a little skeptical (or maybe just in denial?)

The doctor was super thorough and listened to DS's chest for a long time. He showed me how his breathing was really labored, how his ribs were getting sucked in. And that when listening to his back, he could hear rattling and other indicators for pneumonia. So I guess it is pneumonia. They measured some oxygen levels and breathing rate, gave him a pulmicort breathing treatment (which I never even knew about until the BBB!) and then the levels looked better afterwards.
But then he kept on about how it was asthma too, and that DS had an "allergy face" indicated by his long eyelashes, creases under his eyes and darker shading under his eyes. Is this something you guys have heard of? Maybe I am just dreading that this may be a think we have to deal with long term now. I feel like so many of you guys have to deal with late night breathing treatments and such. And then I feel like maybe I have been writing off his off and on minor runny noses and coughs as just colds when it was asthma or allergies?

Off to the pharmacy now. I have to get the breathing thing (nebulizer?) to help him take the inhaler. :/

I have to decide whether or not to leave for my cross -country work trip on Sunday now too. At least we made it through most of our vacation in good health.