Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just had yet another person urge me to try daily local honey to help allergies. She personally had great results getting rid of a persistent cough she had had since moving to my high-allergy area. Has anyone tried this? (I am guilty of hijacking....but thought all of us are here chatting so why not?).

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I just had yet another person urge me to try daily local honey to help allergies. She personally had great results getting rid of a persistent cough she had had since moving to my high-allergy area. Has anyone tried this? (I am guilty of hijacking....but thought all of us are here chatting so why not?).
    I will be trying it next year for ds1, for sure. Up here, pollen is done for now. Honey doesn't work for mold allergies.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    On the other hand ... I am allergic to every plant/pollen they tested me for, and even a small amount of local honey as an ingredient will trigger a definite allergic reaction. This is also true of much non-local honey. In fact, the only honey I haven't had a rxn to is orange blossom.

While I assume that this is intended as a do-it-yourself form of immunotherapy, I would encourage people to use caution.

Suzan is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

My DD is on the nebulizer 2x a day with the Pulmacort. This all came about when she had a mild case of Phneumonia. She has bad alergies (not diagnosed, we see the alergist on the 5th). I dont know about Allergy face but when hers act up bad she gets a dark line across the bridge of her nose. They told me she has reactive breathing (basically athsma). I am hopeing the allergist finds another cause so we can stop the treatments. I wish you luck with your little one.

Sorry for my spelling I know its awful.
    DD 3/2012 My Little Peanut

My DD has the longest eyelashes, but no allergies LOL. However, I do agree with the 'allergy face' comments, have two friends with sons who have allergies and they both have 'sunken eyes', shadows under, a bit watery too, they always get that tired look. GL with the treatments, hope they help quickly!
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4