Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My only problem is that this is only the 2nd week I have done this. We were all off the first week of July and last Friday was the first week where I took Friday off as a vacation day. I do think I will ask soon though.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabea View Post
    i recommend asking now, but starting the discussion about feedback and sharing about your current arrangement -- sort of a mid-point review. Something along the lines of: "boss, I wanted to get your feedback on my productivity and performance with my reduced schedule. As you know, I've been taking one day off per week for x weeks and I feel that I have still been able to complete my work and fulfill my obligations and I'd like to get your input as I would like to propose a go-forward arrangement for an alternate work schedule -- I'm not proposing to continue the one-day off per week, but possibly a reduced daily schedule that results in the same total hours I'm currently working, but before I formally request that as I said, I'd like to get your feedback on my performance and ability to complete my work." Then listen to feedback/comments and ask for what you want.
    This is perfect. Next time I need to negotiate something at work, I'm asking you!!

bumping up with an update
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Hooray!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad it worked out!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Awesome update! The best of everything in there. Continued good thoughts that it all works out!

I got even more info now. My manager talked to HR. They would basically convert my current pay to a rate/hour. And multiply that by the hours I would work to get my new salary. I can still contribute to my 403b plan and get the 200% matching that my workplace offers. I'd still get sick/personal/vacation time but it would be pro-rated (which is what I expected). But it pretty much evens out since my work day would be less so its basically the same amount of days pretty much. I would lose my health, dental, life insurance and wellness benefit($300/year) though. Which is what I expected and I get my health and dental thru my husband now anyways so I dont use those benefits currently.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Awesome, congratulations!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congrats on your new reduced work schedule. I'm sure you are going to love it! Most employers use 30 hours per week as the minimum hours to be considered full-time so if you are still working 30 hours that's a bummer that you aren't benefits eligible. At least everything else is the same based on the reduced schedule.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Great update! Glad it turned out so well.
    DS age 9

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congrats! So glad he was open to the idea and hope that hours and benefits work out in your favor!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast