Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Are changing pad liners necessary?

It seems like every time I go to buy something, there are 14 things that I am supposed get to go with them.

I was looking at all the different changing pads - at all different prices! - and finally picked one, and then this popped up:
    http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Changing...dp/B001CDFPY0/

Do any of you use these? What is your opinion?
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

I wouldn't say necessary but I had them and liked them because it saved me from chaning the whole changing pad every time a little bit of poop got on it (which was all the time). But I wouldn't make buying them a priority.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I do not use changing pad covers - we bought one for DD and it was a HUGE pain - hard to put on a nd take off and never stayed clean more than a few diaper changes. If we used them, it would be helpful to use a waterproof liner to keep it clean. We use cloth diapers directly on the changing pad.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

We used/ use these. With a baby very little is necessary but these were nice to have. I probably end up with 5-7 of these plus one full cover in my weekly wash.

ETA: I like that these are absorbent enough that if I can keep any pee accidents pointing down (rather than spraying all over--the joys of boys) I can just change the lap pad. Useful for diaper blowouts as well.
    Last edited by Snow mom; 07-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Never did use them b/c the last thing I need is more laundry. I did buy a box of disposable liners at BRU, kept one on the pad and just threw it away if it got dirty.

I bought a pack of the disposable changing pad to use on public restroom changing tables bc changing pads aren't very long or wide. I put it down first, then my changing pad.

I use them on top of my changing pad at home if DS has a blow out. We used a bunch when DS had diarrhea and had multiple blow outs about 6 months ago.
    Proud mom to one & only DS born 4/12
    Expecting someone new in April 2016

I have the fuzzy cover over my pad, and then I lay an open cloth diaper on top. I have a few cloth diapers just for this purpose. They are not used as actual diapers. Usually stray yuckiness gets on the diaper, and I don't have to wash the fuzzy cover every two minutes. It's like using those pads you linked to, but I bet it's less expensive. I picked up a pack of five or something from Target, I think. They don't have to be quality, because they're just for the table, not to wear.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We used one but I usually also put a cloth diaper down in the main spot. Easier to wash.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is one if those products that I didn't have for DC1, but got for DC2. With #1, I had two changing pad covers, so I would swap them out when one got dirty. With #2, I had a harder time finding a cover I liked, and it was more expensive, so I just used these and washed them and rarely wash my changing pad cover. I think PP's idea of using a cheap cloth diaper would work just as well and be less expensive.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I never used them, but we also didn't have a changing table or changing pad. I think it's one of those things that might be nice to have, but it's a total luxury, not a necessity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast