Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I did buy a box of disposable liners at BRU, kept one on the pad and just threw it away if it got dirty.
    This exactly. I did have a fuzzy changing pad cover just to keep his head, shoulders and arm warm. I positioned the liners from his mid back downward.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Chux disposable underpads were great when DD was a baby. If pee or poop got on it, goodbye, didn't have to worry about another thing to wash.

I also used Chux, larger size, for changes in public bathrooms and put it down first and then threw it away (I'm a germaphobe).

For me they were a necessity because otherwise I would have been constantly washing the main changing pad cover or else I would have needed to buy a second one. ESPECIALLY when DH changed poopy diapers! He could never seem to do it without getting poop somewhere it didn't belong. I prefer the lap pad style, and I had one Boppy brand pad that came with my cover and it sucked. It curled up when I washed it and I ended up throwing it away after a few months.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We never used anything like that. I rarely got the changing pad cover dirty and when I did I'd just put a hand towel or burp cloth down on it until the changing pad cover was clean. My boys weren't pee-ers when they were being changed.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

I would just throw down a cloth diaper if my main pad got poop on it or if I knew it was a big poop explosion. You have a surrogate, and will be formula feeding, right? If so, there's a lower chance of gross blow-outs, so you are less likely to get the changing pad poopy.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Georgiegirl, good memory! I decided to shorten my signature - at least for now! Our surrogate will be pumping milk for us, probably for 2 months, so I am expecting at least one unpleasant blowout before we switch completely to formula.

I used hand towels. They covered it well and were easy to deal with when they got dirty.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used the changing pad of the Skip Hop Pronto on top of our contoured changing pad. Loved it! The surface is wipeable, so if it got messy, I would just use another baby wipe to clean it. Easy peasy. I never had to worry about washing the changing pad cover, which was nice.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Suzan is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

I use the rectangle bassenette covers/pads as a changing pad cover and keep one in the diaper bag for changes on the go. They are the perfect size and with regular washing are still holding up and DD is 16 months old. I am pretty sure they were the BRU store brand. I can't find them exactly but they are similar to these.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...7&locale=en_US
    DD 3/2012 My Little Peanut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2