Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Feeling sad and mad about DD2's 1st birthday today.

OK-
    Today is a BBQ for DD2's first birthday. And who is coming? 2 sets of grandparents and 3 friends (two are a married couple), all who don't have children. We invited probably 35+.

I feel very sad that so many of our friends, with kids, aren't coming. Our godparents didn't even respond- and I see via FB that they are camping.

So thanks everyone. Thanks for always finding something else to do, to be at, and my personal favorite "another commitment". I did send out the invites at the end of June- and many of you didn't even respond until the night before, if you even responded.

I am tired of always being the one to attend everyone else's functions, to be ignored or blown off when it is my "turn". I just feel like I'm done with trying to do parties.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry .

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That stinks, I'm sorry.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I'm sorry.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Aw, that sucks. I'm so sorry. Summer birthdays are hard

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! That sucks.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can relate. We don't do kid parties yet and our families are pretty small. DD1s birthday is tomorrow. The only people attending are her two sets of grandparents. DHs sister and BIL live out of state, my aunt and uncle would normally come but uncle is recovering from major surgery, and my bro and his wife and kids have other commitments (kids are in both soccer and dance have have to be in two places at once). So yeah, fun times for a 6yo. But I'm also relieved that we don't do kids parties because then I don't have to deal with the disappointment of none of her friends rsvping.

It stinks. It really does. I'm just hoping to keep my disappointment from becoming hers.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

BTDT and it hurts. I think it is also a little harder when it is your DC2 that gets the shaft, if your DC1 got a lot of attendees or attention.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry... Hugs

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BTDT for my DS2 first birthday. In our case, his grandparents couldn't even be bothered to make the 10 minute drive to come to his party. My parents flew across the country to attend as they would never dream of missing their grandson's first birthday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast