Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Things that should NEVER be announced on FB (sensitive)

We've b!tched about the fact that people announce pregnancies and engagements on FB before telling their own immediate family.

How about getting on FB to see, "Grandma Sally died today" ON Grandma Sally's FB before her own step-children knew.... As in, someone logged in under Grandma Sally's name/FB page, and posted this.

I get a call from a sobbing, panicked daughter. "It's not true is it? She was fine! She was healthy! It can't be true!" DH got on the phone with her, and found out Grandma Sally's third granddaughter, the one that isn't our child, posted that above message.

We immediately called DH's dad, who confirmed it.

I feel terrible. All I want to do is hug my poor daughter who found out that her grandma died via FB, and then called us, and felt terrible that we hadn't known, and that she's the one that told us.

Dad told DH that Dad hadn't called us because we were out with DH's mom celebrating her birthday, and he didn't want to ruin her special day.

BUT WHO IN THE HELL POSTS ABOUT SOMEONE'S DEATH ON FACEBOOK BEFORE FAMILY IS EVEN FREAKING NOTIFIED?!?!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh so sorry about the loss!! Hugs to you all. I found out about a friend's passing on FB too, not the same but it still felt... Insensitive I guess.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

And Lazy. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. That is so terrible for your DSD. I found out my cousin passed away on FB- from his sister!!!!! I was so furious at her. She posted within an hour of finding out, my parents who knew right away were just getting a chance to call my siblings and I and the rest of the family.

Hugs to your family.

~Cindy

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I knew my grandma was nearing the end and had made peace with it, but I also found out "officially" through FB. My brother and I were very upset at my cousin who did the announcement before immediate family had been called.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

My Mom says "Weddings and funerals bring out the best and worst in people." Apparently, death brings out the stupidity in some people as well.

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

ugh. how insensitive. sorry.

That's awful!!! Some people vomit whatever is on their minds onto FB thinking it's just about their expressing themselves and not thinking at all about the impact their post will have on others. I'm so sorry you had to be a victim of this kind of selfishness, and most of all, I'm so sorry for your loss!

I'm sorry for your loss. We've been notified via FB on that as well. My MIL is notorious for this kind of FB behavior. It absolutely infuriates me every time it happens. DH isn't on FB so it falls to me to break whatever news it is to him.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast