Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Calling the large busted ladies

Those of you that are larger where are you shopping for your bras and more specifically what brands are you liking. I am slowing down on nursing DD and plan to wean within 6 ish months.

I am currently a 36 E (UK sizing) (measured yesterday at a lingerie boutique) and based on my previous experience probably will not go down a cup size after weaning.

I currently live in sleep bras, that fit poorly and give NO support.

I have tried over the years since DS to wear wired bras and even non-wired bras, but they all rub me raw either under the armpit where the wire pokes, or rubs in front by the armpit where the cup meets the strap.

I just want a nice supportive bra that fits.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have recently discovered Freya bras. I wear a 36FF. I have found them at Nordstrom Rack. I also have been putting Monistat anti chafing powder gel under each breast before putting my bra on as I was getting very irritated skin there - it has helped immensely! Make sure your band is tight enough & that all your breast tissue is in the cups!
    DS 2/09

I buy most of my bras online. Bare Necessities is a good company. I wear Elomi bras right now. I absolutely second using powder under the underwire. It will help enormously with chafing.

Sometimes, just as with shoes, you have to wear a type of bra, like an underwire, for a while before you get used to it. I must wear an underwire, or I get a uniboob. I have never found a wireless that looks decent.

When I place an order, I do it at the beginning of the month so I have time to place my returns before my credit card payment comes due. I will order MANY different bras, sometimes in multiple sizes, because you never know how the bras run--again, like shoes. I try them all on, and I return the ones that don't fit we'll or that poke me. You may have to try a lot of different bras before you find that magic fit. Also, when you find the right one, order MANY! Put some away for when the ones in your rotation wear out. Bra companies are notorious for discontinuing styles with regularity. For those of us who are hard to fit, this can be really frustrating. I like to give myself a buffer between marathon buying and trying sessions! Good luck!!!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a 32DD/E. I adore Chantelle bras. I was fitted at a specialty bra shop and tried on gosh like 24 different brands and styles. My favorites are the C Paris which is a bit demi shaped: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/chantell...sults-_-1_10_D

and

Rive Gauche full coverage: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/chantell...sults-_-1_12_D

Once I knew the size, fit, and style that worked best for me I found them on ebay for $50 or more less than in the store. I think most of Nordstrom Rack buys that are resold new with tags. I haven't paid more than $29 for one. The underwire is so comfortable, they hold up to wash and wear, and my breasts are lifted and separated and look amazing in tshirts.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I like Elomi bras too. They sell them on nordstrom.com
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My favorites for every day are also Chantelle, but I was fine with the full-coverage styles.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear a 28DD and breakoutbras.com helped me find 3 different bras that WORK!!!

Their customer service is great. They are worth emailing or calling and describing your issues to - they will help you find something that is likely to work. Amazingly, all 3 bras that they suggested (including one with NO underwire!) work great. I actually have never had to make a return! And that's the drawback - you have to pay return shipping. So I have a nude non-underwire for everyday, a nude underwire for everyday, and a black plunge underwire for dressy dresses that is also comfy enough to wear every day. Without these, I'd be living in sports bras, of which Lululemon's Ta Ta Tamer works great - no underwire, no uni-boob, great shape, very comfy, but you need to size up in the band - it runs very tight - which is why the band size of 32 works for me. And sizing up in the band may mean you also need to size down in the cup size. In other words don't buy this one unless you try it in person
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm a 32FF/G. I have Freya and Panache bras that are great. I had a fitting at Nordstrom and tried on countless bras to find the ones I wear now. I bought them at Nordstrom but also just got another couple on Amazon recently.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for Chantelle, and I do like Freya quite a bit also. Wacoal is pretty easy to find discounted in my size (34F), but I haven't had as much luck with their bras. Generally not enough support, although I do have a minimizer from them that works well and is very comfortable. I feel like I have to have a lot of bras in all different styles to work with different clothing! I could never just have one style, I definitely need different styles based on the materials that I'm wearing - molded cup vs. mesh, thin vs. thick straps, etc. I also have to be careful with the full fit bras as I'm short, and the cups tend to come up so high that they peek through almost every neckline.

A fan of Chantelle and Marie Jo L'Aventure.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast