Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Nanny cam recommendations

I need to get some nanny cams to use in a couple of rooms in my house, and get it all set up quickly. I need something that would have internet steaming so I could monitor at work, either by logging into a website on my work computer (a PC) or via my iPhone. I would prefer the cameras to be "hidden in plain sight" types (like a clock radio), and not obvious cameras. I've looked online extensively and can't figure out from all the potential options, and kind of questionable websites, what would work. I guess I could do an old school type where you have to review the recordings after the fact but I feel like I don't have one spare moment in the day for anything, let alone that.

I've searched here and haven't turned anything up - please let me know if you have any recommendations (also, please, I don't want a discussion about "if you don't trust a nanny don't use her" - looking for recommendations/ideas ). Thanks!
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i would check out the Foscam wireless IP cameras. we have two. we don't use them for nanny cams but as baby monitors (one in each kids room). we use internet browser to see them, can also use ipod touch (we don't have iphones).

this is very similar to the one we got.
    http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W...camera+fi8916w

if you search "Foscam" or "video monitor" i know i've posted stuff on these before. what i liked about these is that you can do multiple rooms at once and can view them all as one page (exactly like a security camera).

and at $80 a pop it was a lot cheaper than most other video monitors that didn't have nearly as good resolution.

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks MsPacman! They look great, the only thing is that it's pretty clear from looking at them that they're cameras/monitoring systems, and I need ones that aren't obvious cameras to put in the common areas (family room, kitchen etc). I could maybe use them in the kids' rooms but even then it seems odd to suddenly get monitors for a 5 yo and 2 yo, lol. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Thanks MsPacman! They look great, the only thing is that it's pretty clear from looking at them that they're cameras/monitoring systems, and I need ones that aren't obvious cameras to put in the common areas (family room, kitchen etc). I could maybe use them in the kids' rooms but even then it seems odd to suddenly get monitors for a 5 yo and 2 yo, lol. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    honestly, if you feel you need to monitor your nanny, you should hire a new one or use day care. If you don't have basic trust for the nanny, the relationship will not be successful.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daycare offers monitoring thru a company called watchmegrow.com and its pretty nice, with clear pictures and good streaming quality . they offer home monitoring as well so they maybe an option if they service your area.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They're clearly cameras, but small and portable so you can hide them. Motion activated, etc. Can view from your smartphone. So far, they're ok. Not HD quality, but it's either this resolution or a huge price hump to HD and big camera housings.

Netgear Vuezone:

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-VueZon...etgear+vuezone