Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

both my kids ride the bus. No problems!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD rode the bus in K. I think in the beginning of the school year the kindergarteners had to ride up towards the front of the bus. From our stop its only 5 - 10 minutes until they get to school. Our bus only goes up to 2nd grade too. So that makes it alot better since its only ages 5-8. I dont remember her having any problems on the bus. I THINK our school has a rule that an adult must meet the bus. But my DD got dropped off (with a few other kids) at an in-home daycare and I was surprised to learn that the daycare lady did not meet the bus. So maybe there isnt that rule. But the bus driver did wait for the kids to cross the street and go into the woman's house (thru a side door). Also the bus driver lives in our little development.

This year my DS will be starting Kindergarten and riding the bus. He'll have 1 year going to the same school as DD. This year I am going to be home for the bus after school. So both kids will get off the bus at home.

I have heard scary bus stories about kids being put on the wrong bus. My supervisor's DD had that happen to her on her first day of K. There was a mix up since she was taking different buses on different days of the week. She got put on the wrong bus and when she was bussed to an after-school program they realized the mix up and got her to the correct place at the end, so that part was good.

I do not worry about my kids taking the bus since its a short ride and everyone on the bus is young since the school only serves Kindergarten - 2nd grade.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 took the bus both ways last year in K. No problems on the school's side. He goes to before/after care, so the bus drops him off and picks him up at that center.

The only problem we had was on the first day of school when the teacher in the K room at the before/after care (they do private K there as well) thought DS1 was in her private school K class and they didn't get him on the bus. He was listening to her read a story, and when they called "school aged kids line up!" he didn't realize they were referring to him. I had driven to the school so I could meet the bus and walk him into his class. Well, his bus showed up, but he didn't come off it. So, in my attempt not to panic, I called the before/after care center and they realized their mistake. DH was working from home that day, so he picked up DS1 and took him to school. It was hectic, but we all lived, and he was safe the whole time.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3