krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Joybay Swing Cars on Zulily - knockoff or just as good as plasma car?

I saw they had some for $27.99 with $9.99 shipping

Anyone here have any experience with these? Should I just wait for a deal on a PlasmaCar? I am worried that I cannot find any reviews on these (except like 4 mixed reviews on amazon).

TIA!

Not too sure, but I just saw these....

http://kids.woot.com/

We have one of each, the genuine plasma car and a knockoff. The real one is definitely better built and more durable. The knockoffs front wheels broke in the first 3 months. Of course my boys use them incorrectly, pummeling down our asphalt driveway at 100mph! Still the plasma car has held up for over a year with the misuse.

Quote Originally Posted by tatkins View Post
    We have one of each, the genuine plasma car and a knockoff. The real one is definitely better built and more durable. The knockoffs front wheels broke in the first 3 months. Of course my boys use them incorrectly, pummeling down our asphalt driveway at 100mph! Still the plasma car has held up for over a year with the misuse.
    Thanks, I figured that might be the case. I can't believe they can make knockoffs that look -exactly- the same, even the same colors! I guess if you have to copy the original to get sales, then there must be something wrong with your product.

I'll hold out for the real plasmacar, I hope there will be some pre-christmas sales. Anyone know where to look for a deal?

Interesting that these are showing up on Zulily and Woot within the last couple of days!

We have 2 Joybay cars- I've compared them to a Plasma, and except for a couple stickers and a little ridge along the back of the seat on the Plasmacar, they are virtually the same. One warning, however, there is no costumer services for Joybay, so if you have a problem, Zulily might refund your money, but the car's a loss. Plasmacar has fantastic costumer service and if needed you can purchase replacement parts down the road. I don't know if that's worth it if the Joybay is only $30 to start with, but maybe it is to you.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hydrangea View Post
    We have 2 Joybay cars- I've compared them to a Plasma, and except for a couple stickers and a little ridge along the back of the seat on the Plasmacar, they are virtually the same. One warning, however, there is no costumer services for Joybay, so if you have a problem, Zulily might refund your money, but the car's a loss. Plasmacar has fantastic costumer service and if needed you can purchase replacement parts down the road. I don't know if that's worth it if the Joybay is only $30 to start with, but maybe it is to you.
    Thanks for adding your personal experience. I would have hopped on the deal, but for $10 more I could get a PlasmaCar and the customer service (and two day free shipping at Amazon) that you mentioned. I will say that I have dealt with Zulily's customer service and they have been fantastic. I was just too nervous to buy one and then not be able to return it if I simply didn't like it.