Default gluten-free meatball recipes needed (all kinds of meatballs)

It sounds like I need to make some meatballs to put in our freezer. In the past I have just bought them precooked but they have gluten. I would love some to pop in the freezer and have on hand for quick dinners.
    If you have on that works for you I would love the recipe or the link.
    Thanks!

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just do an egg and that's about it. I just skip the breadcrumbs without any real detriment. Sometimes they break up but usually they are fine.

I recently tried a variation of these: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/10...-cheese-ba11s/ I use the "better than flour" mix but skip the powdered egg whites and then just toss an egg or two (lowcarbfriends has the info for the flour mix) in some baked goods. I found her amounts to be too much flour, but I made a large batch of these and froze them to use for our week in the obx. I just pulled out however many I wanted to thaw and then heated up in the morning. My kids really enjoyed them and they were great for a quick breakfast. I made a 2nd batch and used way less of the flour mix that time. I was using an older bag of tropical traditions coconut flour and that soaks up more moisture, so like any recipe with coconut flour, the brand makes a difference in how it reacts with liquids.

I do variations like ginger, scallion, cilantro (great in some broth, with or without greens). We have a local pastured meat place that makes turkey ginger scallion already seasoned and it is sooooo yummy. That makes it very easy I also do a regular Italian type of meatball.
    Last edited by brittone2; 09-17-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cilantromapuche View Post
    It sounds like I need to make some meatballs to put in our freezer. In the past I have just bought them precooked but they have gluten. I would love some to pop in the freezer and have on hand for quick dinners.
    If you have on that works for you I would love the recipe or the link.
    Thanks!
    Most of the time I am too lazy to put anything in my meatballs except meat. They never fall apart. What about rice? I cook in a mixture of tomato sauce and cranberries on the stove, or just sauce and spices.

That turkey scallion cilantro mix sounds really great. I'll have to look for a recipe for that.
    I have made some good stuff lately but the familyhasn't been so keen on them. I'm looking at you Vitamix broccoli cheddar cheese soup!

kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

porcupine meatballs?
    http://www.dinneralovestory.com/nost...ine-meatballs/

DS and I liked them, DD wouldn't touch them (though she is not a big meat person). Super easy as you cook them in the sauce, no pre-frying.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran (gluten free) instead of bread crumbs. Parmesan also works ok, and a combination is better!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I add crushed Rice Chex or other GF chex cereal to recipes that call for breadcrumbs if I feel the "filler" is needed.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.