Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

These sound pitiful, but works for me when I get home from long day, pick up 2 starving toddlers at 6pm, and want to get them in bed by 7. Especially since its their witching hour and DH rarely gets home before 6:45. Survival mode!! Add on whatever fresh ruit i can cut up before the kill each other and wine for me of course!!!

TJ Frozen meatballs + mashed potatoes Pre made at deli (I keep a pack in the fridge)

Same meatballs, jarred spaghetti sauce and creamette 3min noodles

Hebrew national beef hotdogs (keep individual in freezer) + Mac and cheese

Refridgerated Pre cooked post roast from Costco (10 min to microwave) + deli mashed taters and frozen veggie

Smoked salmon with crackers and fruit. (Both kids LOVE, LOVE this). On table in less than five minutes!!

TJs teriyaki frozen chicken, will use frozen jasmine rice if crazy day, huge favorite too.

Cremette 3min noodles with Costco pesto sauce. And whatever meat I can forage for in the freezer

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The tortilla soup from Costco. Just add avocado, cheese, and some crunched up tortilla chips and it's a meal.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the TJ's pulled pork (refrigerated) is delicious!

The famous BBB crock pot Salsa Chicken would be good for a couple of nights, too.

ETA: TJ's has packages of frozen spinach ravioli with sauce which aren't bad. Like 10min on the stove.
    Last edited by Twoboos; 09-16-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I put 1 lb chicken breast (or more) into the food processor with a chopped onion, then sauté that with seasonings. When the chicken is cooked through, I add a jar of pasta sauce and simmer for a bit, maybe 10 minutes. Add to cooked pasta. I'm making it tonight!

I almost always cook up extra ground beef and freeze half for adding to spaghetti sauce or to make fast tacos. I'm not good with using frozen meats, but this is super easy, fast and comes out as good as fresh. Then I can make:

Spaghetti with Prego sauce and the frozen ground beef, cheesy garlic bread from the freezer section that I always keep on hand and a veggie of choice.
    or
    Tacos with package of seasoning and toppings, plus chips and salsa.

You can also make fast sloppy joes with the recipe of your choice, plus hamburger buns, chips and a veggie.

I am also getting in the habit of buy one (or sometimes two) large rotisserie chickens from Sam's Club (no Costco here) and then using some of the meat and freezing some so that I can throw it in a quick casserole, soup or chicken enchiladas. All are usually made in around 30 min. with minimal effort.

Breakfast for dinner is quick too. Scrambled eggs, bacon in the oven or precooked sausage patties reheated in the microwave, and pancakes or waffles or muffins and sometimes fresh fruit.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    Tacos with package of seasoning and toppings, plus chips and salsa.
    Forgot about tacos and that's actually what we're having tonight! I put Near East Spanish rice into the microwave, and then started browning the meat. While meat was browning, I mashed up an avocado. 15 minutes later, DD is eating a taco with mashed avocado (guacomole) and meat inside. The rice is still cooking, but DH wont be home for another hour anyways. After I get DD to bed, I will chop up some veggies and make more guacomole for DH and I.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

My go to quick dinners are broiled, baked, or poached fish with steamed asparagus. It takes less than 20 minutes and often as few as 10! I also like cooking chicken tenders in a jar of salsa. It's zesty, and it takes less than 20 minutes. I do a lot of stir fries with quinoa or brown rice. They're always quick and tasty.

My biggest problem, though, is not having anything in the house to cook. Then I'm faced with going out to the store. I LOVE the idea of freezing raw chicken sliced very thin to use for a stir fry. I also think the frozen, cooked ground turkey (which we do instead of beef) is brilliant, and I've never thought to do it! I'm definitely going to do this! I always have tomato sauce and whole wheat pasta in the house. We could do worse than to eat that instead of take out.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

mac and cheese from a box
    pasta and sauce from a jar
    quesadillas (tortillas & cheese)
    omelets
    pancakes
    once in a while i get the muffin tins out (1 for each DC) and fill each cup up with random healthy stuff, baby carrots, smoked salmon, crackers with peanut butter, fruit etc
    grilled cheese
    taco night is pretty easy, brown some meat and heat up some refried beans
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Frozen ravioli with jarred red sauce. Bake for 30 min at 400.

Chicken roll ups - frozen grilled chicken strips, cut up peppers, cut up onions, salsa (jarred) and shredded cheese. The kids love making their own.
    Kris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3