Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lilhilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default YMMV - Amazon Prime free trial available even for those who have done it before

I have done a few Amazon Prime free trials in the past, so I usually find myself ineligible to do one again, even when they are widely advertised. Today, however, when I was logged in and on Amazon's home page, I noticed an ad on the right side for a free trial of Amazon Prime streaming videos. I clicked on it, and it was actually a 30-day free trial of Prime with all of its features, not just the streaming videos. I was able to go through and sign up even though I have done several free trials in the past. It will automatically charge me $79 after 30 days, so I'll just have to set a reminder to cancel at that point. [ETA: I just realized I could click a box that says "do not continue after November 8" rather than having to go back and cancel, so that's even easier.]

HTH someone!
    Last edited by lilhilly; 10-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Bummer, didn't work for me :-(

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lilhilly View Post
    I have done a few Amazon Prime free trials in the past, so I usually find myself ineligible to do one again, even when they are widely advertised. Today, however, when I was logged in and on Amazon's home page, I noticed an ad on the right side for a free trial of Amazon Prime streaming videos. I clicked on it, and it was actually a 30-day free trial of Prime with all of its features, not just the streaming videos. I was able to go through and sign up even though I have done several free trials in the past. It will automatically charge me $79 after 30 days, so I'll just have to set a reminder to cancel at that point. [ETA: I just realized I could click a box that says "do not continue after November 8" rather than having to go back and cancel, so that's even easier.]

HTH someone!
    Can you please link to it?

lilhilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

As I mentioned, it was on the home page. So, here you go:

www.amazon.com

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by *newmomma* View Post
    Bummer, didn't work for me :-(
    try hitting refresh. i did, and the adds changes and now i ahve the streaming video one. but, when i clicked on it, it says "sorry, your free trial of prime has ended" and gives me a buttone to click eto pay for primer. bummer.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you so much!! Our Prime expired at the beginning of the month and the two orders I've placed since then have taken over a week to get here. I've been missing the 2 day shipping.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Where do you see the do not continue box?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

it doesn't say "do not continue," it says"click here to pay for amazon prime " and so i did not.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If this is working for people... there is a nice deal right now where if you have prime and amazon mom, you get a $5 credit if you buy $45 in gift cards. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...pf_rd_i=507846

$15 gift cards are a nice gift for a lot of occassions, but, I'll probably just spend 'em. I have NO problem spending $45 at Amazon over the holidays.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lilhilly View Post
    As I mentioned, it was on the home page. So, here you go:

www.amazon.com
    It doesn't show up on my homepage... I was hoping you could link the page you go to, after clicking through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast