Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm on a reduced calorie diet and I'm using the cooking spray. I don't use it everyday and I don't think it's going to kill is. Idk I prefer not to think abt it. My trainer said if you feed your fat cells they won't go away. She wants me to eat 15 grams of fat a day. I'm not wasting that allotment on oil.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    well my answer will probably be different from others. i don't believe a tsp or two of olive oil is bad for those who want to lose weight. i know most people think diet to lose weight = low-fat, no oil, whole-grains, no eggs but i personally disagree with all that, and it's not the smidgen of oil that makes people gain weight, but that's my philosophy. If i don't eat some fat/oils i am constantly hungry and miserable and i don't even lose that much weight.

disclaimer: few weeks ago i have started eating paleo (no grains, no gluten, no dairy) and have lost weight/inches around my waist, after a year of nearly being at the same weight. i eat no artificial/prepackaged foods whatsoever..i have been using coconut oil to cook things, mostly and have gone through a lot of it.

i used to use cooking spray but i don't like it and then realized cooking spray has ingredients (soy lecithin?) that eff up the teflon in nonstick pans. so that is the reason i dont' use it.
    I completely agree with you!!! I eat a low carb (not no carb), whole foods, low sugar diet, and I think my eating is very healthy. I think good fat is good! DH has lost a lot of weight on his diet, though, and he feels differently. With his calorie restriction, he doesn't want to waste a single calorie, so I'm trying to oblige him. I'm going to try Misto.

I do want to get one of the ceramic coated pans like scanpan. That would solve my problem, but I feel they're soooo overpriced! I was thinking about posting about that in a separate thread. I need to replace my 5qt sauté pan. Most of my cookware is stainless or cast iron. That sauté pan was circulon, I think, but I haven't used it since I learned it was chemically dangerous. I don't want any more cast iron. It's just too heavy!!!

The Misto things are great. We have one with grapeseed oil for cooking and good olive oil for air-popped popcorn. I don't always use it, but sometimes it's nice to have a fine, even application of oil.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

i am definitely not a fan of cooking spray

i use a misto with olive oil. and/or, i just use straight olive oil. in fact, i usually use olive oil even when a recipe calls for vegetable oil. i think olive oil is actually good for you! healthy fats!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2