JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Lightbulb Back carry for 1yo and preg mom

We are going to NYC for a long weekend in early Dec. hubby will be at a conference much of the time, so I'll be "alone" with my 1yo, 7 and 8yo girls. I'll be about 24 weeks preg. I have an Ergo, and my initial plan was to use that for the subway stairs, and the stroller the rest of the time. But my daughter is not a fan of the carrier, ESPECIALLY the back carry, and I'm afraid she'll fling herself out. On my "travel" post, someone recommended a Beco as a better option for a back carry. I really can't spend $$ on another carrier so I asked about a used one for sale (or to borrow) on a FB group. Someone on there said the Beco did not work for her, and she recommended a Boba4g. Now I'm just confused and frustrated. If my daughter doesn't like the Ergo, are either of these going to be any better? What about with a large chest and a preg belly? I'm much more of a soft sling/wrap person in the newborn stage (comfy Joey and moby) and since I already have the ergo collecting dust, I'm not sure I can afford another one. Suggestions??

I wouldn't be able to get an unwilling one year old on my back in the middle of a subway station regardless of the carrier.

Could you just hold the one year old to carry her up the stairs and have your big girls carry the stroller up? If it's a lightweight, they might be able to manage, especially since they could trade off.

How much subway travel do you have planned? Could you catch cabs instead?

Catherine