Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I showed my family and younger DD yelled, "AWESOME!"

Who would encourage this?
    Ummm...well, older DD spent a LOT of time watching videos while sitting on the portable potty when she first trained. I'm not sure how this is different? Many people no longer have DVDs, just downloads or streaming.

And really, a portable potty is typically at least $20ish no?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Like no one else takes their phone into the potty?
    Guilty!!!
    Hilarious product! These kids are seriously going to think we were like Little House on the Prairie with paper books.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Ummm...well, older DD spent a LOT of time watching videos while sitting on the portable potty when she first trained. I'm not sure how this is different? Many people no longer have DVDs, just downloads or streaming.
    See, I hated potty training and my kids were the ones who could just hang out forever if left to it. LOL. So putting a screen a foot in front of them would have been a huge distraction.

But I also don't get reading in the bathroom.
    Last edited by Ceepa; 11-21-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I showed my family and younger DD yelled, "AWESOME!"

And really, a portable potty is typically at least $20ish no?
    I love your DD's reaction, I have a feeling that would be the reaction for most in the 7 and younger set.

Potty training two at a time, I had ZERO desire to encourage them to stay in the bathroom longer. I was already spending ridiculous amounts of time in there. It would never have occurred to me in a million years that someone let their kid watch videos in there.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It would never have occurred to me in a million years that someone let their kid watch videos in there.
    Ha ha, so I'll just dig myself in deeper here. It's a portable potty, so I sat her on it in the family room. She watched TV until she produced, then we went nuts cheering and she got a prize. I swear I read this method in a book.

Note, this method did not work at all with younger DD. Although maybe it would have worked if we'd had an iPad at the time.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OMG, thats all!
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

I would actually use this! Dd sat for-ev-er on her potty on the kitchen floor while training- we rigged up the iPad so she could see it, but this would have been better. She needed lots of time to actually get that she was supposed to go- this would have helped her hang out there happily- flame me now!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think it could be useful. I can't get my son to sit long enough to go. He hops off and says he's done. This might actually help.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nope. The entire tablet must be flagged.

eta: though the girls take books in the bathroom all the time...it does help them sit there long enough to poop. Especially since DD2 is a withholder. So I guess this isn't much different But I think about that Seinfeld episode EVERY time a book goes into the bathroom

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD saw it and said "oh, look, it's an iPotty!"

Last edited by squimp; 11-22-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast