Default PSA- if you bought short dry Vitamix container

I bought the wrench and switched out the blades with no problem and it seems quieter to me too. I was going to buy the short tamper and yesterday at Costco I asked the demo guy if he had any for sale and he said no but the long tamper can actually be used. There's ridges about 3/4 of the way up the longer tamper and it's the guide for the short container to not go past it.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you mean the one that was on sale at Amazon a few weeks ago? Why did you switch out the blades? It it something I should do?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Because I think the short container has the dry blades and they want to switch out the wet blades and put them in the short container.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

It was the dry container from HSN, posted last month. Annie is correct, I wanted the short container to fit under my counter, so I took the wet blade from my large container and switched it to the short container and the dry blade is in the large container now.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oooh, nice! I don't remember reading about that switch. Thanks!! ETA: That's the sale that Amazon price-matched. Mine is hiding in the closet til Christmas.

Yep, the long tamper on the wet container will fit in the dry container bc of the ridges on it. No need to get another one.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ohhhh...that is good to know!! I was in Williams Sonoma the other day and the sales associate teaching my children's cooking class said that she accidentally used a long tamper with a short canister and it was pulverized! She said the blade was FINE and the smoothie in the demo was perfectly smooth (impressive!) but it sounded horrible and the tamper was destroyed! Says a lot about the Vitamix!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!