Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hydrangea View Post
    Buick Enclave

My MIL has the Traverse, with a bench in the second row. It's similar except you have to fold down the middle bench to get to the back, which involves some car acrobatics with adults. We only use her vehicle to travel as a family when required.

We have the second row captains' chairs option, so that you can still get back to the third row with car seats installed. Most of the time I drive with the back seat folded down, since we only have 2 kids right now, but when it's up, you can seat three in the back, although 3 adults would be tight. I like the styling of the Enclave, and LOVE the back-up camera, since the Enclave has pretty big blind spots at the back of the vehicle. It's doesn't have as much cargo room when the back seat is up as a minivan would though, so if you're looking at constant 3 row use and cargo needs, it may not work as well.
    Love my Enclave. It replaced my Pacifica. Strongly considered the Acadia. For both you can captains chairs for the middle row or a bench. We have 2 school age kiddos and the third row allows me to carpool easily 3-4 more kids for to practices/events.

My friend teased us and called it my Senior Citizen mobile...boo to him!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a Ford Flex and love it. About to get another one because we've really piled the miles on this one. I love the mileage it gets as a large SUV. And I love how low to the ground it is so it's easier to get in and out, plus it feels very roomy inside.
    DS age 9

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Do you really need the 3rd row seats or are they for occasional use? We have 3 kids, so we use our 3rd row every single time we are in the car with them. I have a big huge SUV (Infiniti QX56) and DH's is a little smaller (Mercedes GL). Mine is great because I can still fit 2 backpack hockey bags behind the 3rd row and fit a grandparent in with us. He doesn't need to do that, so didn't need that cargo space. He needed the leg room in the 3rd row though.

DH drove an MDX for a while. That's a great car if you don't regularly need the 3rd row. The 3rd row is cramped, and honestly, I found the front passenger seat cramped (I'm 5'9 though, with long legs). Not much fits behind the 3rd row, but when we had 2, it was still pretty great.

I have friends with newer Highlanders (really nice) and Buick Enclaves are really popular. The newer Infiniti JX (or QX something now??)/Nissan Pathfinder has been popular too.
    Can I ask whether the third row folds flat in the Infiniti? I'm thinking of going to a bigger SUV primarily so that I can fit more than one hockey bag while the third row is in use (driving a Volvo XC90) now and can only fit one hockey tower bag with kids in the third row and often need to put 3 in the car. I was thinking of going with a Yukon XL or Suburban because I didn't think any of the luxury brand bigger SUVs with fold-flat third rows have enough cargo space with the third row in use, but seeing this hockey bag post has me wondering if I have more options than I realized? Thanks!

nc_hope is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dhano923 View Post
    I have a 2013 Explorer and love it!
    Granted, we don't use the third row all that often, but when we do I still have decent cargo room behind the third row which was one of my big requirements. I have friends that have had a Hylander for about 2 years and are about to trade it for an Explorer. Lack of cargo space is one of their main complaints. I have another friend who has the GMC Acadia and is very happy with it as well. I test drove an Explorer, Acadia, and Pilot before we bought the Explorer. The Pilot's interior finishes just didn't feel as nice to me as the other two. In the end I felt like we got more bang for our buck with the Explorer over the Acadia although I did like both.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    Can I ask whether the third row folds flat in the Infiniti? I'm thinking of going to a bigger SUV primarily so that I can fit more than one hockey bag while the third row is in use (driving a Volvo XC90) now and can only fit one hockey tower bag with kids in the third row and often need to put 3 in the car. I was thinking of going with a Yukon XL or Suburban because I didn't think any of the luxury brand bigger SUVs with fold-flat third rows have enough cargo space with the third row in use, but seeing this hockey bag post has me wondering if I have more options than I realized? Thanks!
    They do fold flat Now, 2 tower bags would not fit behind the 3rd row because they'd be too tall and would have to lay sideways. I switched to the wheeled backpack bags and they fit side by side back there though. I have one more boy, so I'm preparing for a Suburban/Escalade if he also takes up hockey
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

FWIW, I can fit three of the big baseball bags (the ones that are big enough to hold catcher's gear) behind the third row in the Flex. Also we have the second row as a bench seat that holds three and tumbles forward for access to the third row. But you can get it with the second row as captains chairs if you prefer that configuration. Obviously that row only holds two then, bring the total seating down to six.

Catherine

Another sequoia lover here. We have the bench in the second row so we do 3 car seats across. I LOVE the fold flat 3rd row. We have plenty of cargo space when the 3rd row is down, and enough for our needs if we use the 3rd row. I also love that the 2nd row seats can move forward and back providing more leg room for the 3rd row. I also love that the split 3rd row leaves more cargo space if we only need to seat one person back there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3