Thread: Diagnose Me..

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Diagnose Me..

So being the typical mom, I do not really go to the doctor when sick. Work, commute, home, kids come first...I usually just wait it out and never been a problem. But this time...I don't know. It started as a very bad cold - awful sore throat for 5-7 days, congestion, cough, general blah. Coughing up some gross stuff. I still did usual though, so didn't really slow down. Now, 3 weeks later, the throat has gotten better, cough not as severe...although there . Figured this was it...but I stilll feel like crap in general and the strangest part is my neck hurts. Like swollen on both sides (lymph nodes or glands, not sure, 1/2 way down neck) and tender to the touch. Feels like I pulled a muscle in my neck.

Is this something more than cold..do I have to see a doctor? Or is this just typical remnants of a bad cold do you think?

I would place my bets on bronchitis. You can probably get a z-pack at a minute clinic type place and be feeling better by Sunday or Monday.

According to the Ped, a cold typically lasts two weeks. At the three week mark, I'd see a doc, figuring I needed antibiotics.

Catherine

Strep? After 3 weeks, I'd go to the doctor. Hope you feel better!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had the same exact situation. Dx - Walking Pneumonia. 48 hours on abx and I was a new person.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sounds like what happened to my friends daughter and it was pneumonia.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Melbel is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for walking pneumonia (i.e. mycoplasma pneumonia, chlamydia pneumonia both of which can be tested with standard labs). Time to see a doctor.