Default I need help ordering an UK football jersey...anyone?

DH has been wanting a jersey for a UK team, he said something about it being hard to order the right (authentic) kind, b/c typically some piece of info (league?) is missing from the jersey. Of course at the time I just said "uh huh uh huh" and I now I am scratching my head trying to figure this out. I did find a UK website that had an option to add patches during checkout, could this be the often missing detail? How do I know which patch to add?

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What team is it (I assume Premier league)? I can ask my DH & see if he knows.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DH ordered one for DS for Halloween and I remember him rambling on about getting the right patches or something like that too. Like you, I wasn't really paying attention. He also had trouble getting the players name and number, thought he finally got it added to the order, but when it arrived it had no name or number. I'll ask DH later when he gets home from his old man's soccer league.

Thanks guys!! The team is Arsenal. Apparently they are Premier League but also Champions League?? (I was able to get this info by feigning interest ) So now I am wondering if they are supposed to have both patches or just one? Also if having a name/number is important? I think he wanted a name but I have no clue who...

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    Thanks guys!! The team is Arsenal. Apparently they are Premier League but also Champions League?? (I was able to get this info by feigning interest ) So now I am wondering if they are supposed to have both patches or just one? Also if having a name/number is important? I think he wanted a name but I have no clue who...
    They are in the Premier League. The Champions League is a "league" where top international teams play each other...e.g., Arsenal from the Premier League will play FC Bayern from the Bundesliga.

As for patches, etc., sorry, can't help you there. Names and #s can be important, but obviously, you want to get name of the player he wants.

I have been googling pictures and it looks like they wear the Champions League patch OR the Premier League patch, not both together. The UK shop allows you to pick which patch, the US shop automatically comes with Premier.

So...which would a DH want...?

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I am guessing the Premier League patch, since that is their home/primary league. But, otoh, only better teams get to play in the Champions League, so maybe...? but if i had to pick, i'd say Premier.

as for wearing one or the other, my guess is they wear the patch for Premier when they are playing Premier games (English teams), but when playing CL games (European teams), they wear the CL patch. The two "leagues" are played simultaneously, if that makes sense. i never paid any attention to the patches, but will definitely keep an eye out from now on.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH said he'd lean towards a Premiere League Patch. He said the font/lettering varies between PL and CL jerseys. If you don't know which player he said you can buy the iron-on's later and add them yourself. According to him that's no different than what they put on them if you order them from the website??? He mentioned players Ramsey and Wilshire??? If you don't get a name/number than you don't have to worry about the lettering being right and DH could add it later, maybe???

Thanks guys! I had been leaning toward CL, and then I saw your recs for PL and I couldn't decide! Thankfully I found a place that sells just the patches, so I ordered a "blank" jersey and the patches separately, so DH can pick which he wants to put on. It does seem like everything is just iron on. I got FS on the jersey and it can be returned locally, so nothing lost if we need to switch it entirely. If he really wants a name/number I think we'll have to re-order--I'd have a total panic attack trying to line those up perfectly!