Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I ordered the boots in red yesterday because they were the only ones available in my size. This morning the grey were back in stock but the price was back up to $198. I called CS and asked if they could cancel the red or honor the same price on the grey. They said they could not cancel the red because they were preparing to ship but would honor the price for the grey. It is going to be a nice Christmas for this mommy!

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So the gray pair came, and I also ordered a black pair too. I am probably going to keep the black, but not the gray, because the black will better match my gray clothes. I wear a lot of black and gray. I have to say that the Asbee boots are VERY comfortable. Supremely comfortable pair of boots.

Thanks again, OP!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

I can't wait for my boots to arrive! I was debating between the black and gray and ended up going with the gray. I hope I don't wish I ordered the black. Did you order a size down? Will you have to pay to ship the other pair back? This is my first order with Garnet Hill.

crunchy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

both pairs I ordered came today. My feet are a half size, so I got brown in a size up, then read the reviews and got red in a size down. I can't decide which to keep. Red fit like a glove with thin socks (and I love the color!), but I think this type of boots needs room for thick socks. Either way, definitely worth $80- or $70 if the Lucky rebate works. Thanks, OP, MMMommy, and infocrazy!

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagegirl View Post
    I can't wait for my boots to arrive! I was debating between the black and gray and ended up going with the gray. I hope I don't wish I ordered the black. Did you order a size down? Will you have to pay to ship the other pair back? This is my first order with Garnet Hill.
    Garnet Hill has free exchanges, so it will be free to ship back and free ship to get the new item. FYI, exchanges don't have to be like for like, it can be for anything they sell.

I didn't order any boots but after reading this thread I so wished I had, you lucky ladies!
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

Update on size: I think the Asbee does run 1/2 size large after all.

Vintagegirl, I don't think you will regret the gray. The gray is actually a nice color, But looking at it in person under my lighting at home, it looked taupey-brownish gray. In fact, when I asked DDs what color the boots were (without telling them), they said "brownish." I don't think my charcoal gray clothes or standard gray clothes would match it as well as the standard black pair. However, I do think the gray is a stylish, taupe-brown-gray.
    Last edited by MMMommy; 12-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Mommy to Two DDs

As of this morning, it looks like a lot of the Asbee sizes and colors are back in stock. So if you want to do an exchange, now is the time!
    Mommy to Two DDs

crunchy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    As of this morning, it looks like a lot of the Asbee sizes and colors are back in stock. So if you want to do an exchange, now is the time!
    Can you exchange straight across and still get the sale of the day pricing?

ps, the red ones won. I wore them all day and loved them.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love the boots. I ordered them in a half size smaller and that's the correct size. Anyone order black boots and boots in another color? My black boots seem to be made of a different leather than the brown boots--it's much softer and more wrinkly leather. I am wondering if that's standard or not.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchy View Post
    Can you exchange straight across and still get the sale of the day pricing?

ps, the red ones won. I wore them all day and loved them.
    So when the black pair became available, GH told me that they would charge me the current price (not the cheaper sale price) at the time. But they said they would adjust the price of the black pair to the cheap price, if I decided to keep the black pair and not the gray pair. They basically told me that I could not have both shipped to me at the "cheap" price. That I could only keep one pair at the cheap price, whichever color I decided to keep.
    Mommy to Two DDs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast