Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default My Post Office Stinks

Ok, I'll admit that I have made so many online orders from so many different stores, that it's getting hard to keep track of them all.

Several of my orders have been transferred from either UPS or Fedex to my local post office for delivery. Or so says the tracking emails. But that's not the problem. So when I click on track package it keeps saying that it was transferred to the post office, that the post office attempted delivery but failed, and that I need to pick it up at the post office. I do not have time to get to the post office. It's their job to deliver it. There is no reason why these packages cannot be left on my step like the zillion other packages I've ordered. And there has never once been a slip stuck to my door. So I'm pretty sure a delivery attempt was not made.

The two other times I noticed this, the package was eventually delivered, albeit later than the delivery estimate when I made the purchase. But I just checked the shipping status of an order I made on December 6 from the Body Shop, and according to the tracking info, it went to my Post Office on the 10th and it says I need to come pick it up because the delivery was "failed." WTF? I am not picking it up! But now I have to waste more time calling my post office yet again. Why can't Fedex and UPS just deliver the package themselves instead of transferring delivery to USPS?
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Can I add mine? I have been getting mail, all but Wednesday this week plus maybe one other day. On Thursday, I got mail plus a hand written note on some mildly official looking form asking me to call the post office to verify that my mail was on hold and the resume date. Very weird. I double checked that the number was actually the post office and not some scam- it was legit.

So, Friday AM I trekked to the post office to get this straightened out. They had 4 packages and a pile of mail of mine!

I had a charity gift that should have arrived- sure enough, it was in that pile. There was also the Lands' End exchange I was looking for. I had worried that someone had stolen my outgoing return off my porch since it had been weeks.

What a screw up.

I'm sorry for your frustration! I hope they will re- deliver!

That's so strange! Did they explain why they thought your mail should be on hold?
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    That's so strange! Did they explain why they thought your mail should be on hold?
    His guess was that it was the right house number, wrong street. So I wonder if those other people have been on vacation and their mail is piling up as mine is sitting at the post office?

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Smart post is the worst, it takes forever for USPS to deliver something that was transferrd from Fedex but that is just odd that they didn't leave it at all

I have a Fedex complaint. They drop pkgs wherever they feel like. Sometimes by the door but not up on the huge step more like laying in front of it on the ground. Or else it will be way down the front of the house in the bushes or else just in the middle of the driveway. I hate it, it's like they just dump them off the truck without getting out.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

I've gotten two of those! The package was delivered the next day without issue. I think there may be a glitch. I still wrote a complaint to amazon because it results in 4 day shipping instead of 2. SmartPost sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    I've gotten two of those! The package was delivered the next day without issue. I think there may be a glitch. I still wrote a complaint to amazon because it results in 4 day shipping instead of 2. SmartPost sucks!

One of the times this happened, it was an Amazon package, and yes, it took longer than 2 days because of it (more like 6), which irks me as I pay for Prime. But this time it's not Amazon, it's The Body Shop. And if they tried and failed on December 10, it's been sitting at my post office for a while now without a re-deliver attempt in the meantime. Grrr...

ETA: I don't want to come across as a super bitch. I can't imagine a worse hell than working at the PO this time of year. but I just want them to deliver my stuff.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had some packages from Kohls last year that required a signature..... When I wasn't home I would then have to pick up at the post office, luckily the post office is besides the dance studio where I'm at a lot and close by home too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get those notes every time there's snow on my driveway. I live in farm country in New England, and lots of people have bad driveways like mine. Why aren't their trucks equipped for snow and ice? But I actually don't mind going to the PO...it's better than the year where all delivery services would just dump the boxes at the farthest point they could get to along my .25 mile driveway. Seriously, we would find them anywhere, even inside snowbanks. I use a package tracking app on my phone, and if something showed as delivered, I'd have to drive up and down my driveway looking for it. Thankfully that was only one winter.

The first time I had a smart post delivery it got screwed up, and I called UPS and they said "it's at the post office". Well, which post office? It's not like I live in Mayberry. I had never had to pick up a box at the PO before. There's no "main" post office here. UPS's helpful advice was to look it up in the phone book. I finally found out where it was, and it was at a PO that was probably the 5th closest to my house, I didn't even know it existed.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast