Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post

I have a Fedex complaint. They drop pkgs wherever they feel like. Sometimes by the door but not up on the huge step more like laying in front of it on the ground. Or else it will be way down the front of the house in the bushes or else just in the middle of the driveway. I hate it, it's like they just dump them off the truck without getting out.
    This happens to me too. I live in a town house, and my front door is on the second level so there is a set of stairs. Often the delivery person (this happens with all the services) doesn't want to go up the steps, so they leave it in front of my garage. This happens with packages of all sizes, not just heavy ones. I then have to 1. notice it so that I don't run it down, 2. get out of my car to move the package so that I can pull into my garage. It's a royal PITA. Plus, if it's in front of the garage it is obvious to anyone walking by, whereas it's hard to see a package outside my front door on the landing, and it is exposed to the elements instead of being under the small roof that hangs over the landing. It really bugs me. I'd say 80% of the time, items are dropped at my front door, but the other 20% drive me bonkers. Also, DH WAH most days, so if the delivery guy bothered to come up, he would bring the package inside immediately, and instead, he has no idea that it has been delivered.

I do feel like a jerk complaining because I'm sure it must be awful work right now. But, I will say that leaving packages in front of my garage happens all year long, not just in this busy season.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I am piling on the Post Office complaints. They left a note that a package required signature and could not be left at the door, to go pick it up at the post office. DH goes the next day to get it for me and they can't find it. Looked for it for over an hour. Told DH that "maybe" it is on the delivery truck, but they are not sure. Ugh. Yup, was on the truck, DH made it home from the post office just in time to sign for it.
    ~ N

DD 12/10

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I had the worst mail carrier in the world in our last house. Terrrrrible. She was afraid of my neighbor's dogs so started just dropping our packages out the SUV window (I mean literally dropping). First with a bag on it, then with no bag, so if it rained package would be soaked. I had things damaged, and when I talked to teh supervisor about it (the entire PO was terrible there) they were like, oh was it insured? I can't understand why the sender was supposed to insure it against the driver deliberately and literally dropping the box out in the middle of the driveway, unbagged, in the summertime in NC with afternoon thunderstorms. The supervisor also said well, your other option is that you get a receipt to pick it up at the PO. Realllly fun to lug 3 kids to the PO for every package. I would try to intercept and sit on my front porch, but she'd zoom right to the mailbox, leave the card saying I had a package at the PO and take off again.

My current mail carrier is so nice. DH had a package shipped to him recently that was short on postage and our carrier paid it for us until we paid him back the next day. He reminds me of a mail carrier out of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood...the classic, cheerful mail carrier. We tip him every year now because having experienced the opposite end of the spectrum, he is appreciated tremendously! We wish we could tip him more than what the official rules dictate, because he deserves every bit of it. Especially because he has to deliver my 9 million amazon packages per month
    Last edited by brittone2; 12-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

I called my post office yesterday and they were able to track down the package. The person I spoke to was very nice (they always are when I call) and apologized and said he didn't know why it hadn't been sent out for delivery. Supposedly, he was sending it out yesterday, but it wasn't there as of late last night. I'm hoping to see it today.

Brittone, your old situation would have launched me into the stratosphere with anger.

I just dislike that I really need to stay on top of everything I order to this degree. Honestly, this time of year, I order a ridiculous amount of packages because I almost never B&M shop.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh wow, your experiences really stink! You've made me appreciate our carriers even more.

I hate SmartPost with a passion because it takes so flipping long but I do like our mail carriers. I'd love to tip them but it seems to be a rotating crew of at least 3 people so I don't know who to tip or how. Same with the FedEx and UPS delivery people. They seem great and do a good job of following any special instructions on the rare event I need a package delivered somewhere other than the front porch. I ordered DS1 a gift last week and people here mentioned it shipped in regular packaging with a picture on the side so I asked them to set it off to the side so my little package hound wouldn't notice it and spoil the surprise. The delivery guy complied and even knocked to wink and tell me my surprise was safe.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mommylamb, I think something was going on Saturday because same thig happened to us. My sister sent a gift to DD and it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday. She checked the status yesterday and it said delivery attempt failed and I need to pick up at PO. I was home all day Saturday since it was snowing!! We were all home. Never an attempt made. Liars!!! My sister called our PO and the guy was pretty curt and said it would be delivered today (meaning yesterday). Sure enough it was delivered per usual, being left at my door. So they say delivery attempt made when it isn't true, since no signature required. I don't get it. So frustrating!!!

I got a forwarded jury summons yesterday for jury duty on December 10th. It was mailed from the court on December 3, but not even forwarded from the PO until December 12.

DH called earlier to tell me that it did indeed arrive today. I'm just glad I realized it hadn't come yet and called the post office. I'm sorry so many of you are also having similar experiences.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by meggie t View Post
    Mommylamb, I think something was going on Saturday because same thig happened to us. My sister sent a gift to DD and it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday. She checked the status yesterday and it said delivery attempt failed and I need to pick up at PO. I was home all day Saturday since it was snowing!! We were all home. Never an attempt made. Liars!!! My sister called our PO and the guy was pretty curt and said it would be delivered today (meaning yesterday). Sure enough it was delivered per usual, being left at my door. So they say delivery attempt made when it isn't true, since no signature required. I don't get it. So frustrating!!!
    We've never had an issue with the Post Office but UPS did that too us once. They left a note saying they attempted delivery but needed a signature and would redeliver on Monday. Then the window on Monday comes and goes with no delivery, so I call and apparently the guy got tired of delivering packages so he just stopped for the day. Then the next day, the guy shows up, goes to the back of the van, gets back in the drivers seat and drives off. Apparently, that day the package was left on the loading dock. So finally, the third day of waiting for the package, the guy puts the package on the doorstep and drives off without even ringing the doorbell. Sigh...
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2