Default Academic Preschool? Such a thing? What types of schools would offer this? (not NYC

Hello. I have just started looking for a preschool for my son to begin when he is 2. I have seen a lot of great places which place a focus on social skills, becoming comfortable in a new setting, modeling behaviors, outdoor time, etc. While I do value all of that I do think that there is value in other topics in a more organized fashion (letters, numbers, reading, speech, science, etc.). While I have seen these concepts come up at some of these schools, it is not with any regular cadence. Is there a preschool in this area that gives both?

Another thing that I am looking for is a way to get more regular, daily organized, and specific feedback on the child as the child develops. Beyond a meeting 1-2x a year and beyond how many diapers he had changed. Any suggestions?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

have you considered a nanny? I'm not really aware of something like that in my area, unless you would consider montessori academic enough? (if so, shop around, as many daycares use the term montessori but some are not actually that.)