Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default A + A swaddle blanket question

First of--are these worth the money? I didn't get any with DS, but am contemplating it with DD.
    And it seems there are so many options on Amazon! Obviously, I will want the larger 47x47 size, but what fabric is best--the muslin? bamboo? Are the 'swaddle blankets' good or is there another product that is better?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Love the swaddle blankets....we only have muslin. We have a pack of the 47" boutique version and the slightly smaller made for target. The larger are definitely softer and stretchier. I prefer both over any other swaddle blankets we have tried and they get softer and softer with use. I used a voucher for the nicer ones and the target ones were on clearance for $10 for a 4 pack so both were great for what I paid.

We had these in muslin for dd. Loved them! But dd hated to be swaddled I didn't actually use them to swaddle. I used these as lightweight blankets in the stroller and car. They were great to block out the sun, draped over the stroller canopy. Or as blankets or to wipe up spit up. Or as an impromptu diaper changing pad. Or burp cloth. I had about six of them. All were still in great shape when we were done with them and I passed them on to a friend.

Catherine

Love the muslin large ones! Soft and snuggly without being hot, and they wash well. Nordstrom had a 4 pack during the women & kids sale that I got for $29? I think? Might have been annual sale... Sweet designs too.

We didn't use them for swaddling either, DD2 didn't like to be swaddled. We used them for all the uses PP mentioned and now both DDs sleep with them at nighttime as blankies. We have the muslin 47x47 ones.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Be sure to get the boutique ones (the 47x47). We have tons of them. My DS did enjoy being swaddled, but we also used them for everything. Living in Los Angeles, we just need lighter weight blankets. My DS did end up getting attached to a particular that he now uses as his lovey. I bought a second one in that pattern so we can switch them out as needed. We probably have 20 of the swaddle blankets, plus we have some of the dream blankets, sleepsacks, the crib sheets, and the portable changing pads. Also, they have amazing customer service! One of our sleepsacks had a zipper that would sometimes get stuck. It annoyed me since they are expensive. I emailed them, and they sent me a new one within a day, and never even asked for the old one back.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

another vote for the big 47x47 size. i think i have every girly or gender neutral organic muslin they make. (i think i have 7). i use them for everything - blanket, stroller, car seat, nap time, changing pad, burp cloth, nursing cover. i did swaddle for a while and they were great for that too. they are so soft and pretty and plenty big. may be my favorite baby item.

We have the larger ones I bought from amazon before DS2 was born. He is 14 months old and is still swaddled, but only for naps, crazy I know! Definitely worth the money!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    another vote for the big 47x47 size. i think i have every girly or gender neutral organic muslin they make. (i think i have 7). i use them for everything - blanket, stroller, car seat, nap time, changing pad, burp cloth, nursing cover. i did swaddle for a while and they were great for that too. they are so soft and pretty and plenty big. may be my favorite baby item.
    This exactly! Worth every penny.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes! We got the Classic stars print ones for DD2 when she was 6 mos. old and she is 3.5 and they are great for the car and her backpack. One of ours has a small hole, but the other 3 are great.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast